|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|A fact from Aldeadávila Dam appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 5 August 2010 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
This is an awesome new article but I am stumped by the reservoir volume. Currently, the cited source has 250,000 m3 but this source has 115 hm3 or 11,500,000 m3. 250,000 m3 seems small for such a tall dam even though it is in a steep canyon and 11.5 million appears more appropriate. The Spanish Wikipedia article uses the 11.5 million as well. I didn't want to make a change without discussing first. Thoughts?--NortyNort (Holla) 03:05, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- I thought that 1 cubic hectometre = 1,000,000 cubic metres, which would make the capacity 115,000,000 cubic metres (or 115 km3). I agree that the Goldsmith number is incorrect. I've found a better source! And one that agrees that about 115 km3 is the correct total storage capacity. It also distinguished between total capacity and live capacity, which helps as well. (In my research, I was coming up with both numbers, and the ICOLD citation explains why.) - Tim1965 (talk) 19:42, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, your conversion was right. I was using a crappy converter I guess. It would be nice if the infobox had live/dead storage.--NortyNort (Holla) 21:58, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- LOL! I thought my math was bad! Hey, I like that suggestion about storage. Suggest that over at Template:Infobox dam. - Tim1965 (talk) 23:08, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Aldeadávila Dam. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110613145520/http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hydraulics_lab/pubs/GR/GR-76-25.pdf to http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hydraulics_lab/pubs/GR/GR-76-25.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.