|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
@MBisanz: I put together this article using the deleted article as a guideline. I've removed a lot of unsourced content and stuff that was borderline promotional.
It looks like the guy has been in some pretty cheesy horror movies, many of which are notable (or at least just pass notability guidelines). He's had major roles in Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama, A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master, Far From Home, and The Attic Expeditions, enough to where there are reviews that specifically name him and/or his character. It also looks like he performed in the notorious Night Trap as one of the game's vampires/Augers. (If I remember correctly there's only a handful of them, maybe about three tops?) There's not a ton of sourcing that lists him by name, but that's kind of par for the course with video games - people are typically only named if they're overwhelmingly notable like Tim Curry in Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of the Monster. (He was honestly the game's main selling point.)
Other than that the guy's other stuff is only of passing note. His radio show was covered in NPR and two of his movie roles received coverage from Variety and a French language journal. AllMusic rated one of his albums, but the review isn't posted. It's from 2000, so that tends to happen. His band did get a small writeup in Billboard, though. He also received two articles from JoBlo.com, one of which is an article and the other is an interview. The site has been listed on Rotten Tomatoes and they're seen as a RS when it comes to movie stuff.
This took some time to compile, but offhand it looks like Jones would pass on the movie roles alone, since he played major roles in four notable films. The other coverage helps smooth over any concerns that some of the films might be less major than others, but the biggie here is that the films don't all have to be major blockbusters - they only have to be notable enough to pass NFILM in order to count towards notability. I think that if the article had existed in this state at the AfD it would have been kept. What do you think? I'm also going to ping MichaelQSchmidt to see if he can find anything I may have missed. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 07:29, 6 July 2016 (UTC)
- I will defer to @MichaelQSchmidt:, who knows this subject matter better than I do. If he thinks it is good to go as an article, I have no objection to moving it back to the mainspace. MBisanz talk 17:56, 6 July 2016 (UTC)
- I'd say go. Meets WP:BIO through WP:BASIC telling us "if the depth of coverage in any given source is not substantial, then multiple independent sources may be combined to demonstrate notability" and even after meeting WP:ENT, "people who meet the basic criteria may be considered notable without meeting the additional criteria." And it can be reasonably arguedthat he meets WP:ENT #1, in that even with a perceived weakness of WP:GNG and some of his roles being minor, he "Has had (enough) significant roles in multiple notable films, television shows, stage performances, or other productions". WP:GNGACTOR, WP:WIP, and WP:IMPERFECT. Schmidt, Michael Q. 02:27, 7 July 2016 (UTC)
- Sounds good - I've moved this to the mainspace. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 07:29, 8 July 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Andras Jones. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160815015935/http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/farfromhome.php to http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/farfromhome.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.