Talk:Baji Rao I
|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject India / Maharashtra / History||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
I cleaned this up somewhat, but it still needs work.
--BKHal2007 03:33, 13 Jul 2004 (UTC)BKHal2007
Information Plaque Pictures
Mr. Ghatus, I do not see any reason why the pictures of information plaque (describing greatness of Bajirao I) should not be here. If the greatness of Bajirao The First should not be on this page, then please suggest which page it can fit in? Those information plaques were installed by the Government. It is not my personal work!
Amit20081980 02:31, 31 Jul 2014 (UTC)
Reverting possible vandalism by a number of users - around the time a popular movie has been released based on Bajirao Peshwa I, a number of users have destructed this article into a small ineffective one. A number of users including but not only Sitush have removed this article in a series of unnecessary edits. I believe these edits when a movie is released on the Peshwa Bajirao I is politically motivated. In true spirits of Wikipedia for sharing knowledge and facts I have reverted some changes. Rahulchic (talk) 04:15, 22 December 2015 (UTC)
- @Rahulchic: Nothing is politically motivated. Sitush removed a large chunk that was copyright violation, besides quote farm / POV / unsourced. Please don't simply add it back without addressing any of those issues. Copyright violators will be blocked. utcursch | talk 04:42, 22 December 2015 (UTC)
- @Utcursch: This selective inclusion and exclusion based on fancies of a few people or a group on the basis of so called copyright violations (can you be sure that for all other matters published in this article or in other Wikipedia articles a written permission has been taken?) is naturally suspicious. This article used to be extensive and after removing aspects like caste of Peshwa Bajirao saying (caste claim removed) and so other things, especially time of this edit campaign (when a movie is released) easily point towards political motivation. You did ban me without giving me a chance to reply back to you. You can be seen as a trigger happy moderator with little patience. Rahulchic (talk) 05:28, 24 December 2015 (UTC)
Titles and Commemorations
I agree that there might have been some kind vandalism due to a movie being released on this topic, but strongly suggest to reinstate two things - one is titles of nobility and the other is the commemorations. Please check the below references.
- Ballal - it is a title the Peshwa carried. I don't see anything sensitive here. Why was it removed from infobox? https://books.google.co.in/books?id=RdcnAgh_StUC&pg=PA97&dq=bajirao+ballal+peshwa&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjGpOP5sffJAhWSj44KHVXCCXUQ6AEILDAD#v=onepage&q=bajirao%20ballal%20peshwa&f=false
- Shreemant Peshwa - the Peshwas were addressed as Shreemant. So what's the problem? Why was it removed from infobox? https://books.google.co.in/books?id=uPq640stHJ0C&pg=PA46&dq=shrimant+peshwa&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjK39a4svfJAhXOv44KHatZBD8Q6AEINDAF#v=onepage&q=shrimant%20peshwa&f=false
- Painting - a painting of Peshwa is present at Parvati Hills. Not sure why that picture was removed. What's the big deal in it?
- Commemorations - There are two statues of Bajirao I in Maharashtra. It had a citation from Times of India. Again, this is something which is not sensitive. Not sure why was it removed
All in all, I feel the entire article has been revamped and somehow the new article looks like a product of vandalism
Amit20081980 16:17, 25 Dec 2015 (UTC)
Map of India
The map of India in this page is not accurate. It seems to be of a foreign language, possibly Russian and the J&K map is not correct. I have checked other maps of India and they are in line with the map of India that 'INDIA' claims to be right. What is the Wikipedia India group's stance on map of India?