|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Charles Hendry article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Anyone know him?
Then maybe you can ask why this picture of him here is not available to use. It doesnt allow comments, it doesnt allow it to be reframed or improved and it doesnt allow it to be used for commercial purposes. Its not really very useful at all..... and I suspect UK tax payers are paying for it. Can someone tell the UK gov that they need to look and see what the USgov are doing. Victuallers (talk) 17:33, 6 November 2010 (UTC)
- Some U.K. government content is now under the free Open Government License (similar to a Creative Commons Attribution license), including an official photo of this minister. —innotata 20:23, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
I removed this passage:
To distance himself from his predecessor's court-case libel action in 2005 Hendry said that the Church of Scientology "are not a cult", adding that his statement was on the behalf of constituents subscribed to the Church.
This is misleading because the source, an article by John Sweeney, does not mention a 2005 court case. In fact, Sweeney's article immediately before mentions a 1984 court case where a High Court judge described the Church of Scientology as a being a "cult".
Hendry is quoted in a later piece by Sweeney:
"I am absolutely not a friend of Scientology. I have no connections with them except for the fact that 500 to 1,000 of them live in my constituency or just outside the border. I was speaking on their behalf as a constituency MP. My words were very selectively quoted by John Sweeney in the Panorama programme."
So Hendry has been misrepresented because he is implied to be positive about Scientology, although the second part about his constituents is correct, and a supposedly cited, inaccurate, detail has been included.
- Sweeney, John (29 September 2010). "Scientology receives local rates relief on properties". Panorama. BBC. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- Sweeney, John (8 July 2012). "This is what happens when Scientologists come after you…". Retrieved 4 February 2016.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Charles Hendry. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20130303070436/http://www.ukti.gov.uk/uktihome/media/item/403560.html to http://www.ukti.gov.uk/uktihome/media/item/403560.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070821165503/http://www.eucua.co.uk/ to http://www.eucua.co.uk/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.