|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- Family did not have enough money to support soccer habit
- Dallas Texans tryout in the wake of sister's death
- Heartbroken not to see Maradona
- Fist fight with Franchino (presumably there is an article discussing this)
- Possiblility of move to Europe
- Goal celebrations
22.214.171.124 20:35, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
- Each of the above have now been cited.
Organize this into a club & international section? Now that he's established at Fulham I don't think they should be talking about his 'European Move' anymore. I'm going to reorganize it. Please discuss here before reverting or changing. *UPDATE* I've done it and I think it looks a bit better. Any objections? -Eddie17 2:45, 3 June 2007 (UTC)
Anymore about his rap career? and transfer rumours? though if he did stay at fulham he would be a legend and get a statue alongside Haynes! — Precedingunsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:43, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
- With his contract finished at end of coming season, there is mounting speculation about an imminent transfer move, specifically to Liverpool FC. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Redchiz (talk • contribs) 05:35, July 15, 2012(UTC)
The rumor that he's transferring to the Sounders is essentially baseless. This story outlines how a guy seeing Dempsey in an airport and mistakenly assuming that Dempsey would be on the same flight as the guy, turned into him signing for the Sounders. That link is to the MLS's website.
If the page is changed to suggest that he has signed with the Sounders and does not carry with it a source that cites something more than rumors, it should immediately be reverted and the editor appropriately warned. OlYeller21Talktome 16:51, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
- Tottenham has confirmed that he has been released to the MLS. They do not mention what team he has gone to. The idea that he went to the Sounders is based solely on the fact that someone saw him in the SF airport and assumed he was going to Seattle, which he did not. Even if he had, that's not proof of any sort.
- I'm excited to have a player like him in the MLS but let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's no reason to jump the gun. OlYeller21Talktome 18:32, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
- That doesn't mean anything, really, unless you have a source that you can add to the article. OlYeller21Talktome 21:08, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
Do we go with "Seattle Sounders FC" or just "Seattle Sounders" (with a link to the appropriate article, save the redirect), we have both in ther article right now. The Madras (talk) 11:39, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
- Whatever the Sounder's article is titled is what should be shown here. How the article should be named is something that should take place at that article. OlYeller21Talktome 21:08, 4 August 2013 (UTC)