|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Dalmatia article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
|The Arbitration Committee has permitted Wikipedia administrators to impose discretionary sanctions on any editor editing this page or associated pages.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|See also: Talk:History of Dalmatia|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot I. Any threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Dalmatia. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140531124016/http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/49268/gorilo-u-nekoliko-dalmatinskih-zupanija to http://www.nacional.hr/clanak/49268/gorilo-u-nekoliko-dalmatinskih-zupanija
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130521055145/http://ec.europa.eu/news/environment/110728_en.htm to http://ec.europa.eu/news/environment/110728_en.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Etymology of "Dalmatia"
Template:Barakokula31 my source are almost all historians of antiquity. Stop the Albanization of historical facts. Albanian as a language is very new late medieval invention. You will not find any old Albanian texts, because the language did not exist. What existed were many local languages and dialects which were artificially fused into Albanian language. Similar to Italian language which was created by Dante.
- @Wisdom of the Ancients: Can you name at least one of those historians? Which book or article, preferably with a page or even a quote? ~barakokula31 (talk) 13:06, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
- Did you consider that a "Rough guide to Croatia" might not actually be a good source on etymology? The revolvy article is copied from Wikipedia and isn't a source at all. Wikipedia can't cite itself, even through the 'back door' of a mirror site. Kleuske (talk) 13:31, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
- Quote EB: "the name Dalmatia probably comes from the name of an Illyrian tribe, the Delmata, an Indo-European people who overran the northwestern part of the Balkan Peninsula beginning about 1000 bce", which is what it says in our article. This seems to be what you are disputing, unless I misunderstand. Kleuske (talk) 13:33, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
- @Wisdom of the Ancients: Okay, now we're getting somewhere. I have checked several other sources; they all say that Dalmatia comes from Delmatae, the name of an Illyrian tribe. None of them, however, mention the origin of the tribe's name. If I'm getting this right, you're disputing the claim that Delmatae is related to the Albanian word for "sheep"?
- I'd also suggest taking a look at Wikipedia:Citing sources and Wikipedia:Copyrights (because you seem to have copied text directly from the book, without any attribution whatsoever). Thank you. ~barakokula31 (talk) 14:16, 17 April 2017 (UTC)