- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: not moved. No evidence provided that he has ever been referred to as "Jonathan Mayhew Wainwright II" in reliable sources. Jenks24 (talk) 06:26, 3 January 2016 (UTC)
Jonathan Mayhew Wainwright (1821–1863) → Jonathan Mayhew Wainwright II – four generations with same name Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ) (talk) 19:21, 13 December 2015 (UTC) --Relisted. Natg 19 (talk) 01:26, 22 December 2015 (UTC)
- Comment. Only if he was known by that name. -- Necrothesp (talk) 16:45, 16 December 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose per WP:COMMONNAME. No evidence is offered that he is commonly known as "JMW II". --BrownHairedGirl (talk) • (contribs) 13:25, 19 December 2015 (UTC)
- Support per WP:NATURALDIS. "JMW II" provides a natural disambiguation, which are encouraged over (this sort of dab). - The Bushranger One ping only 21:03, 20 December 2015 (UTC)
- Oppose unless it can be shown that he was/is known as "II" (I would have thought "Jr." would have been more likely). Opera hat (talk) 13:21, 24 December 2015 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.