|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Juno Award appears as one of the selected articles on the Music of Canada Portal. If you can update or improve this article, please do so. Please add other Canadian music articles to the Selected articles for the portal. If you support or oppose this article appearing on the portal, please leave comments.|
|To-do list for Juno Award:|
http://www.juno-awards.ca/ARC_about.php lists 1970 as the starting date for the gold leaf awards. Does anyone have know which of these dates is correct?
- Would suggest for Wikipedia purposes that 1970 be deemed the start of the Junos. The Juno Awards site (http://www.junoawards.ca) lists a few of the 1970 winners in its archives, suggesting that CARAS considers the 1970 Gold Leafs as canonical. RPM Magazine's honours pre-1970 were reader polls, not associated with any ceremonies or trophies. But there will likely be some naming issues surfacing regarding the Juno Awards of 1970 page. Dl2000 00:29, 9 April 2006 (UTC)
Category for nominees
Origin of Juno name
On D-Day in WWII Canada atacked Juno beach. I've heard that this was actualy what the awards are named after.--18.104.22.168 23:29, 25 January 2006 (UTC)
- There seems to be no indication from available source docs that the Juno Beach connection was an inspiration for the awards name. Dl2000 00:29, 9 April 2006 (UTC)
2001 Junos in hamilton
As I recall, CBC was on strike in 2001 and CTV stepped in at the least minute to air the show. Can anyone confirm this? 22.214.171.124 19:51, 16 May 2007 (UTC)
- Haven't confirmed the 2001 situation, but CBC did encounter a strike situation during the Juno Awards of 1999, but it was more a case of the workers allowing the broadcast to proceed rather than another network taking over. Dl2000 02:51, 28 July 2007 (UTC)
Juno years template
- Done. Dl2000 21:45, 16 May 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Juno Award logo.jpg
Image:Juno Award logo.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot 05:52, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
Article title singular
There was a recent unexplained move of the article title to Juno Awards. Until there is some article standard or consensus which suggests otherwise, the article name should remain as is and not be moved around, similar to how Academy Award, Genie Award, Grammy Award etc. are kept as singular titles. Dl2000 (talk) 01:51, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
- I quite agree with the recent move back (again) to Juno Award. I was ambivalent until I read the above from User:Dl2000 (great catch!). This article should not be moved without the involvement of the Canadian music project. This article may be moved to Juno Awards, but do not do so until policy is followed per Wikipedia:Requested moves. Argolin (talk) 10:01, 30 March 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 8 external links on Juno Award. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120825154823/http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/entertainment/story.html?id=ab60d316-529a-472a-83be-ff2ba9013624 to http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/entertainment/story.html?id=ab60d316-529a-472a-83be-ff2ba9013624
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101213123137/http://junoawards.ca/40th-anniversary-events/juno-awards-statuette/ to http://junoawards.ca/40th-anniversary-events/juno-awards-statuette/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120826062804/http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/story.html?id=9c120192-8a34-4084-82ed-5af65b2543ca to http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/story.html?id=9c120192-8a34-4084-82ed-5af65b2543ca
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120309180654/http://www.chch.com/index.php/home/item/6092-juno-award-artisan-shirley-elford-dies to http://www.chch.com/index.php/home/item/6092-juno-award-artisan-shirley-elford-dies
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101213110328/http://junoawards.ca/2007/02/21/the-juno-awards-head-west-to-calgary-alberta-in-2008/ to http://junoawards.ca/2007/02/21/the-juno-awards-head-west-to-calgary-alberta-in-2008/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101213104206/http://junoawards.ca/2008/02/12/vancouver-rolls-out-the-red-carpet-for-the-2009-juno-awards/ to http://junoawards.ca/2008/02/12/vancouver-rolls-out-the-red-carpet-for-the-2009-juno-awards/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100926215314/http://junoawards.ca/2010/01/25/toronto-ontario-to-host-the-40th-anniversary-celebrations-of-the-juno-awards-in-2011/ to http://junoawards.ca/2010/01/25/toronto-ontario-to-host-the-40th-anniversary-celebrations-of-the-juno-awards-in-2011/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130501220121/http://junoawards.ca/2012/10/winnipeg-to-host-the-2014-juno-awards/ to http://junoawards.ca/2012/10/winnipeg-to-host-the-2014-juno-awards/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.