Talk:Lindi St Clair
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Why does "Corrective Party" (an uk political party) redirect here? From one of the references (The independent article)... "As 'Miss Whiplash', Ms St Clair founded the Corrective Party to campaign for prostitutes' rights, and was in regular correspondence with MPs."
Clair or Claire?
I've moved this from Lindi st claire to lindi st Clair, based in the 8:1 ratio of google hits with that spelling, but if anyone knows for sure which it is, it'd be worth knowing! Grutness...wha? 04:02, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
- I received the following on my user talk page - it provides an explanation for the two spellings:
- I was reading the page on Lindi St.Clair - which is me. You ask about which is the right spelling - Lindi St.Claire or Lindi St.Clare. Well, it is the latter St.Clair. HOWEVER I used to spell it the former way from 1974 to 1985 then a clever client told me that the anagram of Lindi St.Clair was 'clit arse' and I thought that vulgar and didn't want it. so I dropped the 'E' from St.Claire and changed it to St.Clair. In face, I explain this in my autobiography. You also have my surname wrong. The court case about my tax had it sopelt wrong too, from which you got your info, but I deliberately let them spell it wrong and I purposely failed to correct them. I did not want them knowing my real surname, so that's why it remained on record as Aken, but there is NO Aken born in 1952. If you want any co nfirmation of anything relating to me, please contact me. Lindi St.Clair (Miss Whiplash). Bromyard. Herefordshire. It will reach me. The postmen know where I am. Or email me. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:24, 22 February 2010 (UTC) (I';ve removed the email address because of potential spambots) Grutness...wha? 06:53, 23 February 2010 (UTC)
I've also added a bit more information coming from personal correspondence as a response to this post, part of which I've copied below:
- By the way, I have used lots of names over the years. I changed my birth name from Marian June to Lindi St.Clair in 1973 then to Carla Davis in 1979 and then to Lily Lavender in 2002 (which was outed by the Hereford Times newspaper when I had my car crash because the car was registered in Lily Lavender yet my neighbours knew me as Lindi St.Clair and the cops knew me as Carla Davis LOL). I still lawfully use each name (you can be any name you like as long as it's not for fraud). Since finding God I have renounced my sinful past and have reverted to my birth name of Marian June. (Changed legally in 2010). I was confirmed by the Bishop of Hereford on November 15th 2009 at Stoke Lacey church, Herefordshire.
Real first name
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Lindi St Clair. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120407031946/http://www.by-elections.co.uk/newbury93/indcornew1a.jpg to http://www.by-elections.co.uk/newbury93/indcornew1a.jpg
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.