|LinkedIn Answers was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 30 November 2012 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into LinkedIn. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the LinkedIn article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|A news item involving LinkedIn was featured on Wikipedia's main page in the In the news section on 15 June 2016.|
|Project Voldemort was nominated for deletion. The debate was closed on 26 December 2009 with a consensus to merge. Its contents were merged into LinkedIn. The original page is now a redirect to here. For the contribution history and old versions of the redirected article, please see its history; for its talk page, see here.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Criticisms and controversies
LinkedIn's Wiki needs a "Criticisms and controversies" section (similar to Facebook's Wikipedia page [Wiki]), because currently this Wiki appears to have been written with bias, seeming like a LinkedIn representative wrote most of it.
The main topics to cover would be:
- LinkedIn's use of email address mining. LinkedIn has been sued for accessing users' email addresses by requesting their email passwords, then using those passwords to access their email contact lists and sending join requests to those contacts .
- LinkedIn's use of Site Wide Auto-Moderation (SWAM). This LinkedIn policy automatically blacklists users from LinkedIn groups and offers limited recourse for appeals when a user is wrongly blacklisted .
- LinkedIn's use of “People You May Know” email solicitation. LinkedIn generates lists of people that non-users may know based on email addresses that they have mined and then creates join requests which appear to be from those people, even though those people may not even be LinkedIn users . — Preceding unsigned comment added by CherubCow (talk • contribs) 04:12, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
- Geuss, Megan (21 September 2013). "LinkedIn sued by users who say it hacked their e-mail accounts". arstechnica. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- Macpherson, Sholto (21 August 2013). "LinkedIn's 'Blacklist' Censors Thousands of Legitimate Users". Box Free It. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- Macri, Giuseppe (21 February 2014). "How LinkedIn creates fake accounts for your contacts, and uses you to solicit them into joining". Daily Caller. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
unsourced stats table
Moving here as this is unsourced. can be restored with reliable sourcing
|As % of Population||As % of Workforce|
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 7 external links on LinkedIn. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20150423230220/https://engineering.linkedin.com/technology to http://engineering.linkedin.com/technology
- Added archive https://web.http://archive.is/lIDKO to http://press.linkedin.com/News-Releases/198/LinkedIn-Secures-53M-of-Funding-Led-by-Bain-Capital-Ventures
- Added archive https://web.http://archive.is/k1TcO to http://press.linkedin.com/News-Releases/179/LinkedIn-Raises-12-8-Million-from-Bessemer-Venture-Partners-and-European-Founders-Fund-to-Accelerat
- Added archive https://web.http://archive.is/r8vxQ to http://press.linkedin.com/News-Releases/178/LinkedIn-Premium-Services-Finding-Rapid-Adoption
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20120203060134/http://paidcontent.org:80/article/419-social-network-ads-linkedin-falls-behind-twitter-facebook-biggest-of-al/? to http://paidcontent.org/article/419-social-network-ads-linkedin-falls-behind-twitter-facebook-biggest-of-al/
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20110612131108/http://corporate.xing.com:80/deutsch/investor-relations/basisinformationen/fakten-und-zahlen to http://corporate.xing.com/deutsch/investor-relations/basisinformationen/fakten-und-zahlen/
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20090123190641/http://www.businessweek.com:80/the_thread/techbeat/archives/2008/10/linkedin_launch.html to http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/techbeat/archives/2008/10/linkedin_launch.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked
Linkedin Business Pro
Am Abraham Nwocha, introducing the Linkedin Pro helps client understand some basic factors that relate to our business value. web interfacing: — Preceding unsigned comment added by Abrahamnwocha (talk • contribs) 16:19, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
Hindu religious faith in Nirvana.Written by Manikandan pullangoden.
ഫലം ഇച്ഛിക്കാത്ത കർമ്മം :ഫലം ഇച്ഛിക്കാതെ കർമ്മം ചെയ്യൂ ,കാമിക്കുമ്പോൾ കർമ്മബന്ധനം ഉണ്ടാകുന്നു.ഫലം ഇച്ഛിക്കുമ്പോഴും ഫല പ്രാപ്തി പരിമിതിപ്പെടുന്നു.ഫലം ഇച്ഛിക്കാതെ കർമ്മം ചെയ്യുമ്പോൾ ,അതിൽ ഉൾക്കൊള്ളാത്ത ഒരു ആവശ്യവും മാനവ രാശിയ്ക്കു ഉണ്ടാകില്ല . അത്രയും ബൃഹത്തും സർവതും ഉൾക്കൊള്ളുവാനുതകുന്നതു മായ വ്വേദം മറ്റെന്താണ്? ആ ധനിക കുലീനമായ പ്രൗഢി ഒരു നൂറു പുണ്യമാണ് .