|WikiProject Biography / Science and Academia||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Germany||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|A news item involving Marcel Reich-Ranicki was featured on Wikipedia's main page in the In the news section on 19 September 2013.|
It should at least once be mentioned that MRR served as an officer in the notorious Stalinist secret police Urząd Bezpieczeństwa (UB, Office of Security)from 1944-1950. -- 220.127.116.11 18:08, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
RR's name is pronounced as if it were written (in German) Ranitzki. Some-one should put in the accepted phonetic transcription that Wiki uses. 03:23, 6 May 2006 (UTC)
As it now stands, I can't read it (the IPA rendition) at all: the special letters or what-ever show up as squares. Kdammers 05:27, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
I'm not in a position to see a compy of his autobiography, but according to a comment on the Polish page: "Ich bin ein halber Pole, ein halber Deutscher und ein ganzer Jude." (Mein Leben, 1999, S. 11)" Xx236 14:57, 4 maja 2006 (CEST)
('I'm a half Pole, a half German and a complete Jew.") Kdammers 01:36, 9 May 2006 (UTC)
On the occasion of his 90th birthday in 2010 he mentioned in an interview on German TV that he had not entered a synagogue for the past 70 years, after being questioned about his Jewishness. Ontologix (talk) 09:17, 19 November 2010 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Reich-Ranicki.jpg
Image:Reich-Ranicki.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
Ideas for more content:
- MRR's autobiography, a bestseller in Germany.
- His large-scale edition projects "Frankfurter Anthologie" and "Der Kanon"
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Marcel Reich-Ranicki. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131006060845/http://www.france24.com/en/20130918-germanys-top-literary-critic-holocaust-survivor-dead to http://www.france24.com/en/20130918-germanys-top-literary-critic-holocaust-survivor-dead
- Added archive https://archive.is/20130918234805/http://www.hr-online.de/website/specials/reichranicki90/index.jsp?rubrik=57257&key=standard_document_38975825 to http://www.hr-online.de/website/specials/reichranicki90/index.jsp?rubrik=57257&key=standard_document_38975825
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131009114322/http://www2.tau.ac.il/news/engnews.asp?month=2&year=2006 to http://www2.tau.ac.il/news/engnews.asp?month=2&year=2006
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.