- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: moved. No opposition to the proposed title. Deletion is outside the scope of RM, take it to WP:AFD if you believe it should be deleted. Also, 1bandsaw, it would be great if you could add some of these sources to the article once it's moved. Jenks24 (talk) 09:34, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
Anne of Burgundy, Countess of Savoy → Marguerite of Burgundy, Countess of Savoy – In looking around at the related pages, I see no sourcing for the current name, Anne. In doing further research, I found one source which calls her Anne, but that same source in another location indicates that the name could equally be Marguerite. Another online source is clear that it is Marguerite, with sourcing of its own.. A book about Amadeus and his brothers mentions the debate regarding her name, but finds a source which Cox finds settles the debate. --Relisted. Armbrust The Homunculus 07:41, 14 July 2014 (UTC) 1bandsaw (talk) 16:10, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
- Feel free to state your position on the renaming proposal by beginning a new line in this section with
*'''Oppose''', then sign your comment with
~~~~. Since polling is not a substitute for discussion, please explain your reasons, taking into account Wikipedia's policy on article titles.
- Any additional comments:
I would like to question the notability of a woman whose mere name is uncertain. Nothing substantial about her is known, and she appears to have done nothing worthy of encyclopedic coverage. She is only mentioned in passing by genealogists, and hardly ever by historians. The article should probably be deleted rather than moved. Surtsicna (talk) 21:49, 6 July 2014 (UTC)
- ^ http://genealogy.euweb.cz/savoy/savoy1.html
- ^ http://genealogy.euweb.cz/capet/capet9.html#AH3
- ^ http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/SAVOY.htm#AmedeeIVdied1253
- ^ Valbonnais (1722), Tome II, p. 9, footnote n, citing "Archives Cam. Cartæ Dalphinatus ab an. 1220 ad an. 1230".
- ^ Cox, Eugene L, (1974). The Eagles of Savoy, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ. ISBN 0691052166. p 24
- ^ Chevalier, U. ed. (1913-1926). Regeste dauphinois, Valence, Vienne. no. 6973
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.