|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Threads older than 100 days may be archived.|
Continuing from the discussion started here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mate_%28beverage%29/Archive_1#.22Yerba.22
"Yerba mate" is not the plant name. The plant name is simply "mate" in south america, or "mate tree". Calling it "yerba mate" is a confusion outsiders make, it can be identified as simply "mate" in south america. "mate herb" (called yerba mate or erva mate in south america) usually refers to the actual crushed leaves ready for use. The plant itself is the mate tree/plant. Yerba/erva simply means herb, it is not part of the name and should not be used here. Either translate it or change it to just mate through the article. The yerba mate article should also be changed. There are many articles about south america with a lot of confusion on names in the english wikipedia. ~~ Someone living in south america
Removal of Portuguese terms and addition of incorrect terms edit war
- gourd (mate in Spanish, cuia) and is incorrect. The correct term is guampa.
- straw (bombilla) removes (bomba/bombilla). Not sure why the Portuguese term was removed.
- Incorrect commenting out of "by saying "bring the talking gourd" (cuia de conversar); an Argentine equivalent, especially among young people, being no es un micrófono ("it's not a microphone"), an allusion to the drinkers holding the mate for too long, as if they were using it as a microphone to deliver a lecture"
- Similarly, addition of unsourced, but possibly correct terms.
- Addition of cebadores, twice, when the term has not been defined.
- I added wordreference.com as a Spanish to Portuguese to English dictionary. I will keep my corrected version if you don't find an argument against that dictionary. --RoRo (talk) 13:38, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Mate (beverage). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110311163649/http://www.hejorama.com:80/culture/how-to-drink-mate-2764/ to http://www.hejorama.com/culture/how-to-drink-mate-2764/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
The help request has been answered. To reactivate, replace "helped" with your help request.