Talk:My Life as a Teenage Robot
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the My Life as a Teenage Robot article.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Cancelled or Not?
- 2 Danny Phantom caused the trouble!
- 3 Cancellation?
- 4 Started a new breed of Nicktoons?
- 5 Foreign dubs of MLaaTR
- 6 Setting Year
- 7 The Definition of "CANCELING" of an Animated Series.
- 8 grammar/sources?
- 9 final episode
- 10 bad mojo dojo
- 11 dab nab it
- 12 vaccu san summary
- 13 Drawing style
- 14 Connection with Futurama?
- 15 A source that could be used: Jerry Beck's Not Just Cartoons: Nicktoons!
- 16 Jenny's age?
- 17 Emmy Nominated????
- 18 Lost episodes
- 19 Hey wait; This show doesn't make any sense
- 20 Lyrics
- 21 Production and Development of My Life as a Teenage Robot
- 22 Movie
- 23 Edited Content
- 24 Major revision without discussion
Cancelled or Not?
While perring around the internets, I found something. . Is this true? Pacific Coast Highway 19:38, 21 October 2005 (UTC) So wait; It was Nickelodeon's conspiracy against the show? WHAT? That doesn't make any sense, the show was awesome! 126.96.36.199 (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 22:50, 5 March 2009 (UTC).
Danny Phantom caused the trouble!
The reson I think mlaatr is getting cancelled because during when seson 2 aired in 2004,dp was starting it's 1st seson on nick and everyone became more interested in danny rather than jenny. But when mlaatr airs seson 3 after dp has vanished and the everyone wathces more mlaatr, who knows a fourth seson could happen. 16:20,posted by hotdog02 8 December 2006
- First of all, there's a thing called spellcheck. Use it. Second, Season 3 of TeenBot will only air on Nicktoons Network, so there's no way it will be able to compete with Danny Phantom (since most folks won't have the advanced cable plan for it anyway.
The point is: THIS SHOW IS DEAD!. It was doomed to die the moment it aired. Maetch 18:48, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
Due to poor ratings, the show has not been approved for a fourth season. While it appears likely the remaining unshown episodes will be aired, their fate after that appears uncertain. It is possible that ratings will go up if the show is watched more often, or if Nickelodeon changes it to a more convienient time. After that a fourth season might happen...
- A fourth season will never air, dude. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 17:13, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
It's not so bad. Just because a show is great doesn't mean it will run for a long time. A lot of great shows have been canceled prematurely, and a lot of bad shows are still running. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kdesamero (talk • contribs) 14:06, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
Started a new breed of Nicktoons?
Ever since this show came to air, two new nicktoons that involved action more than comedy were started like this show. From Butch Hartman, creator of the Fairly Odd Parents, Nick's first kid superhero cartoon, Danny Phantom, about a half-ghost teenager who battles evil ghosts, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Nick's first anime-styled cartoon about a boy who can control wind who must save his world from evil, and recently The X's. So does this mean Nick will be making more action based cartoons now?
- I think that might be generalizing, as some new shows like The Naked Brothers Band don't have any action. Arguably, other new shows like Kappa Mikey and El Tigre appear to have a fair amount of action. So, I wouldn't say all new Nick shows are going to be action-oriented, just some of them, no more than before. Kochdude388 01:31, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
Foreign dubs of MLaaTR
Can anyone tell me about the foreign dubs of the show? I recently found a clip of it in Japanese, but that's just it.
As revealed in the episode I Was a Preschool Dropout Jenny was made in 1998. So the show takes place in 2003 not 2072. Mrsanitazier 18:45 24,August 2006
If you were paying attention to Brad's list of events that Jenny missed, you would have heard him mention "Super Bowl 100", which would have taken place in 2066. Add Jenny's age of 5 and you get 2071. Granted, the show doesn't actually state what year the show takes place in, but this is probably the most logical answer. Maetch 17:40, 24 September 2006 (UTC)
The Definition of "CANCELING" of an Animated Series.
Parts of this article are wrong, and require rewording. When a series is canceled, production is immediately halted and crew members are forced to leave with the project unfinished. In the case of MLAATR, the third season completed production, but wasn't picked up for a fourth season.
- So, the project was dropped instead of cancelled. Kochdude388 01:33, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
I edited this page because of heavy grammatical errors, but it still needs editing. The statement about the UK, which was very hard to decipher, has no sources. Also the statement about 14 episodes being in production is very contradicting with the fact the show was cancelled. Seeing some more sources would be good, but I'd hate to tamper more than I should, I'm not a wiki-er. 184.108.40.206 00:17, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
When seson 2 aired they were making seson 3. also the show is airing seson 2 and 3 in the UK cause the uk was 2 sesons behind.
the final episode rumor sounds cool like the rumble on bully or complete mayhem also on bully they better use that summary or else *cocks pillow*220.127.116.11 00:17, 10 March 2007 (UTC)medayugiohman
p.s by the way im lazy with sighning my name
bad mojo dojo
18.104.22.168 19:51, 15 March 2007 (UTC)how do they know the episodes not out19:51, 15 March 2007 (UTC)19:51, 15 March 2007 (UTC)19:51, 15 March 2007 (UTC)19:51, 15 March 2007 (UTC)22.214.171.124 19:51, 15 March 2007 (UTC)medayugiohman
dab nab it
they still havent updated and i want to see the god dang eppisode im sure itll be or better be in by tomorrow or monday 126.96.36.199 19:47, 16 March 2007 (UTC)medayugiohman
vaccu san summary
i worked hard on that summary if you got rid of it please re instal it188.8.131.52 21:29, 8 April 2007 (UTC)medayugiohman
- Really, 'cause the way you spell, it doesn't look high-quality at all. Spellcheck before you put it up, with capitalization, punctuation, and the like. Maetch 17:51, 18 April 2007 (UTC)
It seems that this person is no longer on wikipedia, so, would it be appropriate to delete all of their posts? They don't use grammar very well, and are complicated to read at times.Le Rusecue (talk) 08:11, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
What would you call the style this is drawn in? I've been wondering about it. 184.108.40.206 17:57, 13 October 2007 (UTC)
- It reminds me a lot of those old 40s/50s cartoons/ads/whatever (for example, the font being much more tall than wide, etc). --CCFreak2K 04:23, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
The pie-slice eyes and art deco style of pretty much everything seen on screen make it a retro style influenced by the classic Disney and Max Fleischer cartoons of the 30's. I have always though that the "jenny universe" is a future version of those old cartoons. Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 23:40, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
- Queen Vexus and Bender of Futurama refer to humans as "Pets" —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 01:18, 28 November 2007 (UTC)
- Coincidence. Nothing more. Maetch 16:19, 30 November 2007 (UTC)
- Neither one of you can prove your point. You're both just guessing.
A source that could be used: Jerry Beck's Not Just Cartoons: Nicktoons!
I found a book in the bookstore called Not Just Cartoons: Nicktoons! by Jerry Beck. I'm not going to buy it and join the project, but I will ask the other members to get the book so that they can add real world information about various fictional characters.
This makes the creation of separate articles for *many* fictional characters feasible. Having information about the development of the character will make the articles satisfy Wikipedia:Notability (fiction)
- I second that idea. Something that should also be metioned is the use of the Art Deco style throughout the series. --Bushido Hacks (talk) 22:56, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
In one of the episodes, on Jenny's first day of high school, the vice principal calls her "Freshman". The article states that Jenny's age is sixteen, but usually when the average student starts high school as a freshman, he is the age of fourteen. Unless Jenny got older in the show, she should be 14 years old! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:06, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
She is a new student, which makes her a freshmen. Regardless she just enrolled in school and can't expect her to be Sophomore or Junior. Plus schools in different places have different ages at what time they go to school. Our standard is 14 as a Freshmen, while in Jenny's cartoon world it might be 16.Discobird (talk) 18:42, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure it's mentioned at some point that Jenny is "only three" anyway. --CCFreak2K (talk) 09:01, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
Was it really nominated? I reverted this statement on the iCarly page and I don't know how many more pages whoever put these statements tainted. I'll keep the statement until I find out if it's proved or disproved. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 22:15, 6 July 2008 (UTC) Rock On!
It was. Check out this complete list of Prime-time Emmy nominations http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/06/arts/06iht-web.0706emlistA.2130838.html — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kdesamero (talk • contribs) 13:54, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
That's right, 126.96.36.199! However it ended (and the series) in 9 days ago.
Hey wait; This show doesn't make any sense
Should it be added to the article that there are some logical problems in the show? For example, Jenny refers to XJ-8 as a "younger sister," though based on her model number, XJ-8 would be older, in fact XJ-1 would likely be very old, yet the portray her as a baby. Maybe they just want to make it easier to understand for the, youngains? There's also the previously mentioned problem with show's time that it takes place, and Jenny's age. 188.8.131.52 (talk)
It is clear that XJ9 is programmed with an "older" personality than any of her other "sisters"; it would seem logical then that she'd be considered the "older sister" of the set. The entire show delves into logical implausibility and absurdity as an integral part of the show's basic concept; trying to find logic is just an invitation for a serious sesion of fanwanking. Sings-With-Spirits (talk) 23:45, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
Most people say the lyrics incorrectly.
Listen closely and you will see they are...
Five o'clock get a call to go blading at the skate park down by the mall.
But my mom says I got to prevent hostile aliens from annihilating us all
With the strength of a million & seventy men
I guess I really shouldn't complain.
Still, I wish I can go for a walk without rusting in the rain.
It's enough to fry my brain.
So welcome to my life as a teenage robot.
Story of my life as a teenage robot.
My teenage robot life!
184.108.40.206 (talk) 16:48, 22 May 2009 (UTC)
Production and Development of My Life as a Teenage Robot
There was a movie on Nicktoons Network 2 hours long were Jenny went and lived on Cluster Prime etc. I remember watching it in October give or take220.127.116.11 (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 17:24, 5 June 2010 (UTC). I don't got nick toons >.<
- The movie is called Escape from Cluster Prime. It was nominated for an Emmy. It is not 2 hours long however, it's 45 minutes. Approx. one hour with commercials. It's a pretty good movie though and the fact that the series was never remotely finished is a real shame considering the movie shows the potential of the series.
I have made some changes. I have added content (with sources to back up the content added), mainly to the "Broadcasting" section, and removed some bias (ie. calling Sheldon a loser, when calling him a geek is more accurate) and outright mistakes (ie. the description for the opening of MLAATR) 18.104.22.168 (talk) 14:44, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
- The content you edited is well. However, there might be a risk of original research, so add more references. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 08:56, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
Major revision without discussion
User:Phil A. Fry just removed a lot of content from this page, and basically deleted the content of List of My Life as a Teenage Robot characters before I undid that change due to there being no discussion I could find about such a change needing to be made. His edits can be seen here and here. I didn't undo the second one because it wasn't as immediately in need of reverting. Dogman15 (talk) 07:38, 6 April 2015 (UTC)