Talk:South Jamaica, Queens
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the South Jamaica, Queens article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject New York City||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
|A fact from South Jamaica, Queens appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 3 June 2016 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
If someone has some good pictures of this area, would they please add some so as to give the page more variety? Thanks.
- Trap BOyz —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 20:10, 11 April 2010 (UTC)
- Supreme Team
- G-Unit members 50 Cent, Tony Yayo, and Lloyd Banks
- Frenchie Rapper from So Icey Boys
- Two Five (50 Cent's younger cousin) reallie 50 cent
- Ali Vegas
- The Inc (Murder Inc) members Ja Rule, Caddillac Tah, and Black Child
- Nicki Minaj female rapper, president of Dirty Money Records
- Fredro Starr of the rap group Onyx.
- Lamar Odom NBA Basketball Player
- The Lost Boyz members Mr. Cheeks, Freaky Tah, Spigg Nice, and Pretty Lou
- Mario Cuomo former governor of New York
- O.C. (rapper), rapper formerly of the rap group D.I.T.C.-Diggin' in the Crates Crew
- Pharoahe Monch rapper formerly of the rap group Organized Konfusion
- Rafer Alston, NBA Basketball Player.
- Sha Money XL
- Nyce-Rap Artist
- Terrence J
- Yummy Bingham
- Roi Heenok
- Tre Brown Rap Artist
- Erick S. Gray Author
File:Queens jamaica.jpg Nominated for speedy Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Queens jamaica.jpg, has been nominated for speedy deletion for the following reason: All Wikipedia files with unknown copyright status
Don't panic; you should have time to contest the deletion (although please review deletion guidelines before doing so). The best way to contest this form of deletion is by posting on the image talk page.
/* Notable residents */ *Mark A. Hewitt, Doctor of Chiropractic and member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. Why? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 11:56, 21 November 2015 (UTC)
WRONG STREET NAME
This article says GUY BREWER BOULEVARD was once called New York Avenue: wrong - I grew up there, it was New York BOULEVARD, and Guy Brewer is a boulevard too, not avenue. 2604:2000:F24A:E200:7973:C112:1157:B601 (talk) 22:25, 15 June 2017 (UTC)<ref> I didn't NEED references: I LIVED there, so I KNOW.
- Brewer Boulevard was originally called New York Avenue. It was later renamed New York Boulevard, and then Brewer Boulevard. So you're not wrong, but neither is the article. And please no caps.Tdorante10 (talk) 23:35, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on South Jamaica, Queens. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160110165645/http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/crime-safety-report/queens/st-albans to https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/crime-safety-report/queens/st-albans
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.