Talk:Suicide in China
|WikiProject China||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Death / Suicide||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Merge from suicide in China
Should "People's Republic of China" be the name, or just "China"? Hasn't the Republic of China basically given up on conquering the mainland, and therefore the ROC should simply be termed "Taiwan" and the PRC "China"? Either this article should be merged into suicide in China or vice-versa. Tisane talk/stalk 19:25, 20 June 2010 (UTC)
- Diatribe aside, that one should be merged here.--Chris (クリス • フィッチュ) (talk) 08:52, 21 June 2010 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn#Employee_suicides_and_deaths says the rate is 22/10K Both can't be right —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:00, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
Original interpretation of Confucius and Mencius?
The section on suicide on Chinese philosophy seems to contain the editor's own reading of Confucius and Mencius' comments as possible endorsements of suicide. Is there scholarly literature that deals with this issue? Homunculus (duihua) 03:03, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
- As no one has responded to this in many months, and since it is an inappropriate use of a primary source, I am going to delete it. If someone would like to provide secondary source analysis on the subject of suicide in Chinese philosophy, we can revisit it. Homunculus (duihua) 05:01, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
- After one more moment's thought, this section is not appropriate here even if we had secondary sources. This page is about suicide in the modern Chinese state. Whatever views Confucius and Mencius espoused on the subject 2,500 years ago is not relevant. Homunculus (duihua) 05:05, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
Self contradictory "Working Condition" Section
Foxconn suicide rate remained lower than that of the general Chinese population as well as all 50 states in the United States. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 15:39, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Suicide in China. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5i1FL2q8ZO_Z93-mOqOx5eSYQW36Q?docId=CNG.fe11c1b55d60e484a37a458dccdd1b34.8f1&hl=en
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.