- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: page moved. DMacks (talk) 05:42, 23 April 2015 (UTC)
Union Station (Tampa, Florida) → Tampa Union Station – This is the WP:COMMONNAME for the station. "Tampa Union Station" returns 38,300 hits on Google Books, compared to 14,300 for "Union Station" Tampa - many of which are actually hits for "Tampa Union Station". This Amtrak website and the local preservation group Friends of Tampa Union Station call it, well, "Tampa Union Station". Additionally, the full name serves as natural disambiguation from other Union Stations, which is preferable to the parentheses per the article titles policy. Cúchullain t/c 14:52, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
- Weak Oppose - As near as I can tell, most people in the Tampa Bay Metro Area just call it "Union Station," which is extremely disambiguous. The current naming convention works well enough outside of the area. Having said that, the conventional use seems to be okay for Chicago, New London, and Hartford. Honestly though, this seems like just one part of the nom crusade to eliminate parentheses because he finds them unsightly. ---------User:DanTD (talk) 16:26, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
- Comment: The local paper, the Tampa Bay Times, uses both "Union Station" and "Tampa Union Station", sometimes in the same piece. "Tampa Union Station" appear in these that are actually about the station (rather than just mentioning it). And again, even if it were somewhat less common locally, it's not elsewhere, and the proposed title would still be preferable WP:NATURALDIS. It's certainly a case similar to Chicago Union Station and others.--Cúchullain t/c 16:58, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
- Support clearly Tampa Union Station is both the official and common name for this train station: , . --Mike Cline (talk) 19:51, 14 April 2015 (UTC)
- Support Tampa Union Station per above. Of course, in the context of Tampa, "Tampa" will be dropped. Wikipedia titles do not exist in the context of Tampa. --SmokeyJoe (talk) 08:38, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.