Tarzan and the Jungle Boy
|Tarzan and the Jungle Boy|
|Directed by||Robert Gordon|
|Produced by||Sy Weintraub
|Written by||Stephen Lord|
|Based on||Characters created
by Edgar Rice Burroughs
|Music by||William Loose|
|Edited by||Milton Mann
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Tarzan and the Jungle Boy (1968) is an adventure film starring Mike Henry in his third and final outing as Tarzan. Rafer Johnson and Aliza Gur co-star. The movie was produced by Sy Weintraub and Robert Day, written by Stephen Lord (based on the character created by Edgar Rice Burroughs) and directed by Robert Gordon. It was released in May 1968. 
At home in Africa, Tarzan assists Myrna, a photojournalist, and Ken, her associate, in their search for Erik Brunik, a thirteen-year-old boy lost in the jungle since he was seven years old. Tarzan is assisted by his friend Buhara, whose brother Nagambi does not wish the boy found, and attempts to kill him before Tarzan saves the day.
- Mike Henry as Tarzan
- Rafer Johnson as Nagambi, villain who hinders Tarzan's search for the Jungle Boy
- Aliza Gur as Myrna, photojournalist searching for Erik
- Steve Bond as Erik Brunik, the missing Jungle Boy
- Ron Gans as Ken, Myrna's associate
- Ed Johnson as Buhara, ally to Tarzan, brother of Nagambi
All three of Mike Henry's Tarzan films were completed before the first (Tarzan and the Valley of Gold) was released in 1966.
The roles of opposing brothers Nagambi and Buhara were played by real life brothers Rafer and Ed Johnson.
Citing exhaustion and unsafe work conditions (Henry's jaw was bitten by the chimpanzee that was playing Cheeta, named Dinky in Tarzan and the Great River previously) Mike Henry bowed out of the Tarzan television series (for which he had been signed to play the lead) and sued Sy Weintraub's Banner Productions. The case was settled for an undisclosed sum. Ron Ely replaced him as Tarzan.
Essoe, Gabe. Tarzan of The Movies, 1968, published by The Citadel Press.
- Tarzan and the Jungle Boy at the Internet Movie Database
- Tarzan and the Jungle Boy at AllMovie
- Tarzan and the Jungle Boy at the TCM Movie Database