Lindsey with the San Antonio Missions in 2016
December 2, 1991 |
Taylor Thomas Lindsey (born December 2, 1991) is a professional baseball player who is currently a free agent.
Lindsey was drafted 37th overall by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft, out of Desert Mountain High School. Prior to the 2014 season, Baseball America rated Lindsey the 93rd best prospect in baseball.
On July 19, 2014, Lindsey was traded to the San Diego Padres with José Rondón, R. J. Alvarez, and Elliot Morris in exchange for Huston Street and Trevor Gott. On November 20, 2014, the Padres added Lindsey to their 40-man roster to protect him from the Rule 5 Draft. Lindsey was designated for assignment on August 11, 2015.
On April 20, 2017, Lindsey signed with the Laredo Lemurs of the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball. He became a free agent on May 9, 2017, when the Lemurs folded.
- "Angels pick two in supplemental round | angels.com: News". Mlb.mlb.com. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Lin, Dennis (November 20, 2014). "Padres protect three from Rule 5 draft". U-T San Diego. Retrieved December 19, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Angels prospect Lindsey already a big hit
- Angels' Lindsey boasts immense offensive potential