Luke Jackson (baseball)
|Texas Rangers – No. 77|
August 24, 1991 |
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
|September 4, 2015, for the Texas Rangers|
(through July 2, 2016)
|Earned run average||8.50|
Jackson was drafted by the Texas Rangers in the first round of the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft out of Calvary Christian Academy in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He made his professional debut in 2011 for the Hickory Crawdads.
Jackson started 2012 with Hickory and was promoted to the High-A Myrtle Beach Pelicans during the season. He started 2013 back with Myrtle Beach. He was promoted to the Double-A Frisco RoughRiders during the season. After the season he was named the Nolan Ryan Minor League Pitcher of the Year. He started 2014 back with Frisco. He was later promoted to Triple-A Round Rock Express.
In 2015, Jackson started the season with Round Rock. He was called up to the majors for the first time on August 6, 2015. However, he was sent back down to Round Rock on August 11, 2015 before he could make an appearance with the Rangers. The Rangers again promoted Jackson to the major leagues on September 1.
- "Texas takes pitcher, slugger in comp round". MLB.com. June 7, 2010. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Calvary Christian's Luke Jackson drafted #45 by Texas Rangers". tribunedigital-sunsentinel. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Luke Jackson to make pro debut Friday". ESPN.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Pitcher Luke Jackson sees quick rise to ace of Pelicans staff
- "Myrtle Beach Pelicans - Myrtle Beach Pelicans News". Myrtle Beach Pelicans. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Rangers distribute annual Minor League awards". MLB.com. January 14, 2014. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- "Luke Jackson impressing scouts, coaches". ESPN.com. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Fox Sports. "Rangers' pitching prospect Jackson hopes to make jump from double-A". FOX Sports. Retrieved September 6, 2015.
- Jackson could be future Express, Rangers starter