- The following is an archived discussion of The Armada Service's DYK nomination. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page; such as this archived nomination"s (talk) page, the nominated article's (talk) page, or the Did you know (talk) page. Unless there is consensus to re-open the archived discussion here. No further edits should be made to this page. See the talk page guidelines for (more) information.
The result was: promoted by Hawkeye7 (talk) 20:19, 22 April 2013 (UTC).
The Armada Service
Created/expanded by Dr. Blofeld (talk), 7&6=thirteen (talk), Nvvchar (talk), and Martinevans123 (talk). Nominated by Nvvchar (talk) at 15:43, 16 April 2013 (UTC).
- Article is long enough, is neutral, and has been expanded 5x since April 10.
- Article is neutral and facts cited in DYK are supported.
- The hook is weak. I'm not sure that readers will understand what "representing the booty of his office" means out of context. Does it mean treasure or looting? I think you need to improve the connection in the article between the service's name and Harris' service in the Admiralty office at the same time. The article seems to imply the connection, and then deny it. The British Museum site says it pretty well.
- Is the focus of the article on the Armada Service itself or on Sir Christopher Harris? I think other aspects of the service are a little more notable. Most people have heard of the Spanish Armada but not the Anglo Spanish War. I don't think the connection from the "Armada" service with the "Anglo Spanish War" makes the connection for the reader.
- I think working in the fact that the service lay buried for 180 years would be an interesting addition to the hook. For example,
- — btphelps (talk) (contribs) 01:23, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks.ALT2 is fine as ALT3 has more than 200chs.--Nvvchar. 03:48, 17 April 2013 (UTC)
- Quite agree, ALT2 is very good. Re: ALT1 - I don't think it can be proven that it was created (or even commissioned) by the British Admiralty. Martinevans123 (talk) 11:37, 17 April 2013 (UTC)