Tennis (1984 video game)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tennis[a] is a sports game developed and released by Nintendo for the NES. In North America and Europe, Tennis was one of 18 launch games for the NES. The game was also later released for the Game Boy as a launch title in North America.
The game features single-player and two-player modes for singles and doubles matches, with either competitive or cooperative gameplay. A computerized opponent's artificial intelligence can be set to one of five difficulty levels. Mario referees the matches.
In 1985, Hudson Soft published Tennis for the PC-8801. It was also included in the Nintendo Vs. System series under the name Vs. Tennis.[b] Nintendo ported the game to the Game Boy in 1989, and to the Nintendo e-Reader in 2002.
The original version is embedded in the life simulation game Animal Crossing (2001), and features in the party video game WarioWare: Twisted! (2004) as one of 9-Volt's minigames. For the Virtual Console, Nintendo republished the Famicom/NES version of Tennis to the Wii in 2006 and the Wii U in 2013 and the Game Boy version to the Nintendo 3DS in 2011. This version was also added to Nintendo Switch Online in late 2018.
- INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS CO., LTD. ゲームソフト Archived August 25, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Kohler, Chris. "Miyamoto Spills Donkey Kong's Darkest Secrets, 35 Years Later". Wired. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- Life, Nintendo (May 11, 2018). "Guide: Nintendo Switch Online FAQ - Everything We Know So Far". Nintendo Life. Retrieved May 13, 2018.
- Jimmy Connors Tennis (1993)
- List of Nintendo Entertainment System games
- Super Tennis (1991)
- Top Players' Tennis (1990)