The Hows of Us
|The Hows of Us|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Cathy Garcia-Molina|
|Music by||Jessie Lasaten|
|Edited by||Joshua Ducasen|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
₱601,152,867.12 Domestic Gross as of September 17, 5PM
$2.043M International Gross as of September 21₱711M est. Worldwide Gross as of September 21
The Hows of Us is a 2018 Philippine romantic drama film directed by Cathy Garcia-Molina and starring Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla. It marked Garcia-Molina's second collaboration with Bernardo and Padilla after the 2014 film She's Dating the Gangster. The film is now the highest grossing Filipino film of all-time, grossing more than ₱601M domestically in 20 days beating Gandarrapiddo: The Revenger Squad’s ₱571M movie gross. It is also the first Filipino film to breach the ₱600M mark locally. The film is also one of the few films that breached $2M mark abroad. The international gross revenue in 2 weeks (September 6 to 21) is $2.043M as per TFC.
The Hows of Us is a story of a young couple Primo (Padilla) and George (Bernardo) who have to answer & fix the "Hows" of their relationship.
- Kathryn Bernardo as Georgina "George" Silva
- Daniel Padilla as Primo Alvarez
- Jean Garcia as Baby Silva
- Susan Africa as Leonida "Tita Lola" Silva
- Darren Espanto as Yohan Silva
- Alwyn Uytingco as Bowie
- Ria Atayde as Awee
- Juan Miguel Severo as Mikko
- Odette Khan as Mrs. Abellera
- Kit Thompson as Darwin
- Joross Gamboa as Buyer
- Ketchup Eusebio as Buyer
The movie earned ₱35.9 million on its first day. Five days after, it earned ₱279.5 million, making it the biggest opening weekend of a Filipino film of all time. The movie also broke so many records in a span of 5 days, such as Highest Single Day Gross for a Local film of all-time; staggering ₱82.4M alone on Sunday September 2, 2018, Most Number of Cinema opened for any local film with 435 Cinemas on Sunday September 2, 2018.
As of September 3, 2018, the movie gross total earned ₱318M. As of September 7, 2018 (5pm), the movie has grossed ₱404,689,619.20 in just 10 days, breaking the record of A Second Chance which grossed ₱400M on it's 11th day, making it the fastest local non-MMFF film to breached the ₱400M mark. As of September 9, 2018 the movie has grossed a total of ₱505,672,777.80 domestically in just 12 days making it the fastest local film to breached ₱500M mark. After 20 days in still 200 Cinemas Nationwide, the movie has grossed ₱601,152,867.12 domestically beating Gandarrapiddo: The Revenger Squad's ₱571M and now considered as the Highest Grossing Filipino Film of All-time (look at the List of highest-grossing Filipino films of all time). It is also the First Filipino Film that breaches ₱600M mark domestically.
8 days after the Domestic release of The Hows Of Us, the movie started its International Screenings in UAE, Papua New Guinea, and Brunei. The next day September 7, International screenings started in US, Canada, Malaysia and Saipan. September 8 and 9, screenings started in Thailand, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Austria, and in Malta.
It was announced by Star Cinema's Executive Roxy Liquigan on their Victory Party (September 12) that the movie has grossed $1M in 5 days (Sept 6 to 10) of screening overseas.
In North America, The Hows of Us earned $537,000 on its first 3 days. After 10 days of screening in North America, the movie earned a whopping $1.2M. In United Kingdom, the movie earned a record-breaking $30,890 on its first 3 days screening in 3 theaters only. While in Australia, the movie posted a potent $64,340 gross on its first 3 days screening. Box Office Mojo in UAE reported that the movie earned a record-breaking $369,918 4-day opening gross.
After 2 weeks of showing abroad, The Hows Of Us breach the 2 million US dollar mark ($2.043M) announced by TFC on twitter. It is the second KathNiel-starrer film to breach 2 million US dollar mark abroad, the first one is their 2015 hit Crazy Beautiful You.
A lot of International screenings are extended due to public demand. And it is the first time for a Filipino film to screen on a regular screening in Singapore theaters. It is also the first time for a local film to screen on Indonesia theaters starting September 21.
- News, ABS-CBN. "Kathniel, bibida sa 'The Hows Of Us'".
- "Tweet Scoop: 'The Hows of Us' is Next Movie of KathNiel with Cathy Garcia Molina". www.fashionpulis.com.
- "The hows of us - Banat". philstar.com.
- "'The Hows of Us' makes history as first PH film to cross P600-M mark locally".
- "The Hows Of Us gross revenue from abroad is $2.043M in just 16 days".
- "Star Cinema Executive confirmed P82.4M sunday gross".
- "Star Cinema: #TheHowsOfUs opens this Sunday in 435 cinemas nationwide! Walang sawang pasasalamat po sa lahat!".
- "(BOX OFFICE) While You Were Sleeping, KathNiel Broke Multiple Box Office Records OF ALL TIME".
- "#TVPatrol Kita ng "The Hows of Us", pumalo na sa P318-M as of Sept. 3 | ulat ni @mjfelipe". line feed character in
|title=at position 10 (help)
- "A Second Chance 400M 11 days".
- "Box office: 'Box office: 'The Hows of Us' crosses P400-M mark". ABS-CBN News. ABS-CBN. September 7, 2018. Retrieved September 9, 2018.
- "LOOK: 'The Hows of Us' earns P591 million, rockets to Vice Ganda levels". ABS-CBN News. ABS-CBN. September 13, 2018. Retrieved September 15, 2018.
- "P601.1M in 20 days".
- "Star Cinema announced that The Revenger Squad is the highest grossing Filipino film of all-time grossing more than ₱571M in 4-week run".
- "KATHNIEL'S "THE HOWS OF US" BREACHES ₱600-MILLION MARK IN THE BOX OFFICE".
- "Following its record breaking debut last week in the Philippines The Hows of Us posted a potent domestic start of $537,000".
- "The Hows Of Us earned a whopping 1.2 Million Dollars in just 10 days of screening in North America".
- "The Hows Of Us grossed more than $30K on its opening weekend on UK".
- "In Australia, The Hows Of Us earned $63,954 on its 1st 3-days of screening".
- "THOU eanred an almost $370K gross in UAE on their opening 4 days".
- "$2.043M in gross revenues from Team Abroad".
|This article about a film made in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|