Gandarrapiddo: The Revenger Squad
|Gandarrapiddo: The Revenger Squad|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Joyce Bernal|
|Music by||Carmina R. Cuya|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
|Box office||₱571 million|
(January 17, 2018)
Gandarrapiddo!: The Revenger Squad is a 2017 Philippine action comedy superhero film directed by Joyce Bernal and starred by Vice Ganda, Daniel Padilla, and Pia Wurtzbach. It is distributed and produced by Star Cinema, serving as an official entry to the 2017 Metro Manila Film Festival.
- Vice Ganda as Emerson "Emy" Mariposque / Gandarra :
A low-cost makeup reseller and cleaning rag maker who lives in a decrepit house with his brother, Chino. He suffered from memory loss after being involved in a "great battle" among super beings which took place years before the main story line of the film began. Before he lost his memory, he is a superhero named Gandarra who draws power from a bertud or artifact in a form of a lipstick which he later applies on himself to transform to his alter-ego. Gandarra's signature weapon is a Lipstick Spear.
- Vice Ganda himself was involved in creating the costume design for his character. He said that he and the producers first decided on the color scheme of the costume and Vice said that he wanted the costume to be vibrantly colored while also look good to appeal to children. Elements of the mobile game, EverWing which was popular at that time, as well as Sailor Moon was also incorporated in the costume.
- Daniel Padilla as Chino Mariposque / Rappido :
The 21 year old brother of Emy who is characterized as "siga (lit. badboy) with a heart". He possesses superhuman strength and supersonic speed who adopts the alias Rappido.
- Director Joyce B. Bernal said that the costume design of Padilla's character was made to reflect the "manly character" and the superhuman speed ability of his character.
- Pia Wurtzbach as Cassandra Stockings / Cassandra "Cassey" Mariposque / Kweenie :
An orphan who became a rising fashion designer and international model who goes by the super-powered alias Kweenie. She possess combat skills, knowledge in advance technology and hypnosis ability known as "smizenopsis".
- Wurtzbach's involvement in The Revenger Squad marks the first time that Wurtzbach will portray a lead role and a superhero character. Wurtzbach took refresher courses on acting before the filming of Gandarappido began. Her previous acting stint was a guest role in the television series Aryana. Director Bernal stated that the only "requirement" for the costume design of Kweenie is for it to be color gold as a nod to Wurtzbach being the titleholder of Miss Universe 2015
- Ejay Falcon as Mino :
A supervillain who is trapped within a mirror. He seeks to get Gandarra's lipstick which would free him from his imprisonment.
- Loisa Andalio as Velle :
A close friend and neighbor of Chino Mariposque.
- Justin James Quilantang as Juvee/Enrique Heal
The only boy in the Mariposque household who is known for being mischievous. As a provider of food, he helps Barna in her superheroine battles.
- Wacky Kiray as Bul-Dog / Pospora:
A member of the Mariposque household who is a street cigarette vendor. As Pospora, he has the ability to control and produce fire like a match stick.
- Lassy Marquez as Bokbok / Flawlessa :
A loyal friend of Emy Mariposque who acts as a aunt-figure to Chino. He sells floors as a living and as Flawlessa he draws powers from his pimples (or pimplets as he calls them) which he can multiply at will to use as his weapons.
- MC Calaquian as Luz-Luz / Higopa
A soda reseller who lives with the Mariposques. As the superhero Higopa, he possess indestructible fat and has the ability the engulf and puff virtually anything.
- Karla Estrada as Peppa/Barna
The annoying neighbor of the Mariposques who runs a food delivery business. As the superheroine, Barna, she draws power from food.
- RK Bagatsing as Renz / Madman :
A supervillain who is the real biological father of Chino and Gandarra´s greatest enemy. 
- Carlo Mendoza as Himself
- Michael Flores as Professor Clean
- Alvin Ronquillo
- Warren Tablo
- Zanjoe Marudo as Emy's love interest
- Kathryn Bernardo as Chino's love interest
- Marlon Stockinger as Cassey's love interest
- Julia Barretto as Chino's rescue
Kris Aquino was offered to make a cameo appearance in the film to portray an antagonistic role. She declined saying that companies managing the brands she endorses may not be amicable to her playing a role of an antagonist.
Gandarrapiddo was initially known to the public under at least two working titles, the first being simply known as The Revengers. In August 2017, it was announced that the name of the film was changed to Gandarah N’ Gwapito: The Revengers. Principal photography of Gandarappiddo: The Revenger Squad officially began by July 2017.
An official microsite for The Revenger Squad was launched on December 13, 2017. The official theme song of the film is "Gigil si Aquo". A music video which featured Vice Ganda was released as part of efforts to market the film. A lyric video was later released which featured the characters of Vice Ganda, Daniel Padilla, and Pia Wurtzbach and included "never-before-seen moments on set".
The Revenger Squad's total box office gross during the official run of the 2017 Metro Manila Film Festival is ₱540 million, making it the top grossing film among the festival entries. By January 17, 2018, the overall domestic box office gross of the film which screened beyond the official run of the film festival amounted to ₱571 million.
- "GANDARRAPIDDO: THE REVENGER SQUAD". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Karla shares a wacky moment with Daniel on the set of 'Gandarrapido: The Revenger Squad'". Star Cinema. 9 October 2017.
- "Cast..." The Revenger Squad. ABS-CBN Corporation. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Villano, Alexa (17 December 2017). "5 fun facts about the movie 'Gandarrapiddo: The Revenger Squad'". Rappler. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- Iglesias, Iza (28 July 2017). "Pia Wurtzbach prepares to act anew". The Manila Times. TMT. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "How Pia is preparing for superhero film with Vice, Daniel Padilla". ABS-CBN News. 18 July 2017. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- ""Gandarappido: The Revengers Squad" becomes Entertaining when it stops pretending to be something else". Lion Heart TV. 27 December 2017. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Cagape, Kristhoff (10 December 2017). "Daniel Padilla answers: Will Kathryn Bernardo be in 'Gandarrapiddo: The Revengers Squad'?". Philippine Ultimate Showbiz Hub. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "Kris Aquino admits turning down cameo role for Vice Ganda's "Gandarrapiddo: The Revenger Squad"". MSN Entertainment (in English and Filipino). 13 December 2017. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Fernando, Jeff (17 August 2017). "MMFF gives update on changes in movie titles, directors, actors". Philippines Ultimate Showbiz Hub. ABS-CBN Corporation. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Abanilla, Clarizel (6 July 2017). "Vice Ganda, Daniel Padilla start shooting MMFF movie". INQUIRER.net. Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "Vice Ganda, Vic Sotto return in MMFF 2017 roster". CNN Philippines. 1 July 2017. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "'The Revenger Squad' microsite is now up!". Star Cinema. 14 December 2017. Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- Tabora, Regina (16 December 2017). "Mang-GIGIL sa 'Gigil si Aquo' MV!". Star Cinema. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- Tabora, Regina (24 December 2017). "Superhero overload with 'Gigil si Aquo' MV". Star Cinema. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "'Gandarrapido: The Revenger Squad' tops MMFF 2017 box office". Rappler. 18 January 2018. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "Kita ng 'The Revenger Squad,' pumalo ng P571 milyon" [Sales of 'The Revenger Squad', hits P571 million]. ABS-CBN News (in Filipino). 19 January 2018. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
Sa latest overall Philippine domestic gross kasi nito noong Enero 17, umabot na ang kita ng nasabing pelikula sa P571 milyon.
- "'Revengers', 'Panday' top MMFF 2017 box office". ABS-CBN News. 18 January 2018. Retrieved 18 January 2018.