The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
|Edited by||Cezmi Akdis, Zuhair Ballas|
|Journal of Allergy|
|J. Allergy Clin. Immunol.|
The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology is a monthly peer-reviewed medical journal covering research on allergy and immunology. It is one of two official journals of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. The journal was established in 1929 as the Journal of Allergy and obtained its current name in 1971. The name change was purportedly related to a change in the attitude among physicians about the breadth of applicability of the term "allergy". The journal has been published under the Mosby imprint since its inception.
According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2015 impact factor of 12.485, ranking it first out of 25 in the category "Allergy" and 5th out of 150 in the category "Immunology". As of 2014[update], this journal was the most cited of any in the allergy/immunology medical specialty.
- "Journals". American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology. Retrieved 2015-07-03.
- "The Journal of allergy". NLM Catalog. National Library of Medicine. Retrieved 2015-07-03.
- "The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology". NLM Catalog. National Library of Medicine. Retrieved 2015-07-03.
- Kessinger, Jack (1 Jun 2002). "Speculation concerning hidden allergies which are frequently associated with chronic disease". Original Internist (editorial). Retrieved 2015-07-03 – via Highbeam Research.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Allergy". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Immunology". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
- Burkes, A. Wesley (2014). "Allergy Societies and Collections". In Bergmann, K.-C.; Ring, J. History of Allergy. Karger. p. 379. ISBN 9783318021950.
- Staff (19 Aug 1997). "PROSPECTUS.(Business)". Rocky Mountain News. Retrieved 2015-07-03 – via HighBeam Research.