The Sims: Livin' Large
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Sims: Livin' Large|
Aspyr (Mac OS X)
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
The Sims: Livin' Large (known as The Sims: Livin' It Up in Europe) is the first expansion pack released for the computer simulation game, The Sims. The pack includes new characters, careers, items, and features. This expansion pack is also part of The Sims Deluxe Edition and later compilations of the core game.
The game features new NPCs, such as Servo, the Tragic Clown, and the Grim Reaper. Santa Claus will come if the Sim leaves some cookies beside a Christmas tree, and a fireplace. Santa will leave presents under the tree. The Tragic Clown visits depressed Sims who own the Tragic Clown painting in order to cheer them up, always failing miserably. Sims can contract an illness from a bite by the guinea pig included in this expansion. The Grim Reaper performs the final rites for deceased Sims. Living Sims can plead with the Reaper to save that particular Sim, which will result in three possible outcomes: death, resurrection, or a zombie. Servo is a buyable NPC that can be purchased for 15000 simoleons, that has the ability to clean, garden, repair, and serve meals.
Livin' Large comes with many new objects, such as a crystal ball, electric guitar, chemistry set, and magic lamp. Some of the objects had new NPCs associated with them. For example, a genie appears from the magic lamp and a booth comes with a Servo.
Multiple neighborhoods were introduced in this expansion pack, allowing the player to have up to five new ones.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2016)
- "CTW Game Guide". Computer Trade Weekly. No. 806. United Kingdom. 8 September 2000. p. 25.
- "The Sims: Livin' Large". GameRankings. Retrieved January 29, 2016.
- "The Sims: Livin' Large for PC". Metacritic. Retrieved January 29, 2016.
- Wright, Brian (September 8, 2000). "The Sims Livin' Large Expansion". GamePro. IDG Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2005-11-24. Retrieved 2015-01-31.
- Park, Andrew. "The Sims: Livin' Large Review". GameSpot. Retrieved January 29, 2016.
- Lopez, Vincent. "The Sims: Livin' Large". IGN. Retrieved January 29, 2016.
- Atkin, Denny (November 3, 2000). "The Sims Livin' Large Expansion Pack". Computer Games Magazine. Archived from the original on March 4, 2005.