List of Sim video games
This is a list of Sim games, their expansion packs, and compilations. Most games were developed by Maxis and published either by Maxis (pre-1997 acquisition by Electronic Arts) or by Electronic Arts (post-1997). EA has marketed and recruited companies such as Bullfrog Productions, Firaxis Games, and Tilted Mill Entertainment to develop several games under the Sim brand.
- SimCity (1989)
- SimCity 2000
- SimCity 64
- SimCity 3000
- SimCity 4
- SimCity DS
- SimCity Societies
- SimCity DS 2 (SimCity Creator)
- SimCity Creator
- SimCity Social
- SimCity (2013)
- SimCity: Buildit
The Sims series
Other Sim games
- Streets of SimCity
- Sim Theme Park (Theme Park World in Europe)
- SimCoaster (Theme Park Inc. in Europe)
- Sid Meier's SimGolf
- The Sims Carnival
- Sim 3-Pack: Tower, Tunes, Isle (Released in 1998 for Windows, it includes SimIsle, SimTower and SimTunes.)
- Sim 3-Pack: Life, Town, Ant (Released in 1998 for Windows, it includes SimAnt, SimTown and SimLife.)
- Sim 3-Pack: Farm, Safari, Earth (Released in 1999 for Windows, it includes SimSafari, SimFarm and SimEarth.)
- Sim Mania (Released in 2000 for Windows, it includes SimCity, SimTower, SimIsle, SimCopter, Streets of SimCity and SimSafari.)
- Sim Mania for Kids (Released in 2000 for Windows, it includes SimTown, SimPark, SimSafari, SimTunes, Widget Workshop and SimAnt.)
- The Sim Collection (Released in 2003 for Windows, it includes SimTheme Park Gold Edition, The Sims Deluxe Edition, SimCity 3000 Unlimited and The Sims Online New & Improved.)
- Sim Mania 2 (Released on March 19, 2003, for Windows, it includes SimCity 3000, SimTheme Park Gold Edition, SimCoaster and Sid Meier's SimGolf.)
- Sim Mania 3 (Released on June 21, 2005, for Windows, it includes SimCopter, SimSafari, SimTheme Park Gold Edition, SimCity 3000 Unlimited, SimCoaster and Sid Meier's SimGolf.)
- The SimCity Box (Released on June 30, 2008, for Windows, it includes SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition, SimCity Societies, SimCity Societies: Destinations, The Sims Carnival SnapCity and Spore Creature Creator.)
- Spore Creature Creator
- Spore Creatures
- Spore Origins
- Spore Hero
- Spore Hero Arena
- SimsVille - Cancelled almost at completion to focus efforts on The Sims 2 development.
- SimMars - Was in development at Maxis around the same time as the release of The Sims. A trailer for the game was included on the SimCity 3000 CD-ROM. From the trailer, the premise of the game seemed to be a human mission to the planet Mars, followed by a terraforming and colonization scenario, typical of the Maxis world-building game style. The game presumed to be an integration of previous Maxis titles, presented in 3D, possibly including elements of SimEarth, SimLife, and SimCity. On May 12, 2000, Maxis announced that the game was put on hold. A reference and some sound effects were recycled into an arcade game in The Sims Vacation. The game was remade by fans as a complete total conversion mod for SimCity 4, and is in beta 3 phase.
- MySims Social - A game intended to launch on Facebook with The Sims Social and SimCity Social, it never was completed.
- The Urbz 2 - A game intended to surpass The Urbz: Sims in the City, and turn it into a spinoff sub series to The Sims, but the project went through Development Hell after the original game failed to sell to expectations. It was in development first at Maxis for the PlayStation 2, Nintendo Gamecube and Xbox, before being sent over to Electronic Arts Chicago in 2006, where it had some design changes such as being moved to next generation platforms PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii, but the project was cancelled when the studio closed on November 6, 2007, leaving the project incomplete and never released. Assets, logos and other content could be found on The Sims 2 for PlayStation 2's DVD with model viewers, as the game used the same source code and engine as The Urbz 2.
Shut down games
These games are no longer possible to play, as they required connections to servers which no longer exist:
- The Sims Online - Shut down on August 1, 2008.
- The Sims Social - Shut down on June 14, 2013.
- SimCity Social - Shut down on June 14, 2013.
- Darkspore - Shut down on March 1, 2016.
Additionally, online modes for The Sims Bustin' Out and the PC version of MySims ceased August 1, 2008 and June 2011 respectively.