This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Titán or "TITAN" is a Mexican electronic band formed in 1992 from the industrial band Melamina Ponderosa, where Emilio Acevedo and Julián Lede first met each other, later Jay de la Cueva (Molotov, Microchips, Fobia, Moderatto) joined the band. They have released four albums, the most recent, Dama in 2016.
The band was formed in 1992 after two members from the industrial band Melamina Ponderosa, Emilio Acevedo and Julián Lede split and recruited Andrés Sánchez. Later Jay de la Cueva (Molotov, Microchips, Fobia, Moderatto) joined the band.
In 1995 the trio made their debut with the "Terrodisco" EP. It was followed by the single "C'mon Feel the Noise". The moved to Virgin Records for the album Elevator that was produced by Michael Franti, Craig Borrell and Ross Harris. If featured the singles "1,2,3,4" and "Corazón", whose videos were directed by Evan Bernard.
In 2005, they released a new album self-titled "Titán" in the new Mexican indie label Nuevos Ricos.
The band released their fourth album Dama in October 2016 through ATP Recordings, which was produced by English producer Nick Launay. It features vocals by Gary Numan, Siobhan Fahey, Egyptian Lover, Church and El Columpio Asesino.
- Alto Impacto
- La Chica de ULA ULA
- Jaguar 83
- CUIN (RADIO MIX)
- ULA ULA (RADIO MIX)
- SAFARI MIX
- KARATE MIX
- Bonus Track
- 1, 2, 3, 4
- Battle Love
- The Future
- King Kong
- C'mon Feel the Noise
- La Frecuencia del Amor
- 1000 Ninjas
The song "1,2,3,4" was included in the album for the Mexican movie "Todo el poder".
Then, the next album they released, self-titled included these songs:
- Space Chemo
- Pasion y Amor
- Odisea 2001
- Placa Acero
- Mi Chica
- Back in Jail
- Bonanza Edomex
- Bonacich, Drago. "Titán | Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- Kum, Josh (October 2000). Titan. SPIN Media LLC. p. 64. ISSN 0886-3032 – via Google Books.
- Aguilar, Francisco (April 4, 2016). "El gran regreso de los mexicanos TITAN". Parlante.cl (in Spanish). Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- "Enter the Perverted, Drug-addled World of TITAN with "Dama Fina" - Noisey". Noisey. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- Kayeon, Ben (October 27, 2016). "Gary Numan joins Mexican electro rockers TITAN on new song "Dark Rain" — listen". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
|This article on a band or other musical ensemble from Mexico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|