Tom Byron, San Diego, CA on July 13, 2012
|Born||Thomas Bryan Taliaferro, Jr.
April 4, 1961
Houston, Texas, USA
|Other names||Tom Byrom, Tim Byron, Tom Bryon, Tom Byran, Tommy Byron|
Tom Byron (born Thomas Bryan Taliaferro, Jr. April 4, 1961) is an American pornographic actor, director and producer. He is of Italian descent and is an alumnus of the University of Houston. A member of the XRCO and the AVN Halls of Fame, Byron was also voted #20 in AVN's top 50 pornstars of all time. Byron is also co-founder and co-owner of the Xtreme Pro Wrestling (XPW) independent professional wrestling promotion.
Byron first started acting in hardcore films in May 1982, and continued to perform mostly in roles portraying the young schoolboy or "coming of age" scenarios, as he resembled a teenager even though he was in his early to mid 20s. He starred alongside the underage Traci Lords in many films including her porn debut in early 1984, What Gets Me Hot!. He was also said to have had an ongoing off-screen relationship with Lords, though he later downplayed their relationship.
He has changed his image several times throughout his career, frequently portraying a clean-shaven, adolescent virgin in his early years in porn. His late 1980s long-haired hard rock persona was no pretense, as Byron was at that time moonlighting as a struggling hard rock musician in Los Angeles with hopes of a legitimate career in music. By the early 1990s, Byron again changed his image and appearance to that of a clean cut "businessman" type.
In August 2002, Byron announced his retirement from performing to focus on his directing career, but in the fall of 2005, after just three years, he returned to performing in numerous scenes, most notably his House of Ass series for his own company Evolution Erotica.
In February 2007, Byron founded Tom Byron Pictures. In December 2012, Byron announced that he was no longer part of the company and was forming a new company Tom Byron Company 
As of 2013, Byron still performs in films and works as an independent producer and social media marketer.
His earliest video that can be dated with certainty is Anything Goes from 1982.
- 1984 CAFA Best Actor for Private Teacher
- 1984 CAFA Best Supporting Actor for Sister Dearest
- 1984 CAFA Best Couples Sex Scene for Private Teacher
- 1985 AVN Best Couples Sex Scene - Film for Kinky Business
- 1985 XRCO Stud of the Year
- 1985 XRCO Video Stallion
- 1985 XRCO Best Group Grope for New Wave Hookers
- 1986 AFAA Best Erotic Scene for "New Wave Hookers" 
- 1990 AVN Best Couples Sex Scene - Video for The Chameleon
- 1990 XRCO Best Couples Sex Scene - Video for The Chameleon
- 1991 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 1992 AVN Best Actor - Video for Sizzle
- 1992 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 1996 XRCO Best Actor (Single Performance) for Flesh
- 1996 XRCO Best Anal or DP Scene for Car Wash Angels
- 1997 XRCO Best Actor for 'Indigo Delta
- 1997 XRCO Best Anal Scene for Behind the Sphinc Door
- 1997 XRCO Male Performer of the Year
- 1998 AVN Best Actor - Video for Indigo Delta
- 1998 AVN Best Gonzo Series for Cumback Pussy
- 1998 AVN Male Performer of the Year
- 1998 XRCO Best Gonzo Series for Whack Attack
- 1999 AVN Male Performer of the Year
- 1999 AVN Best Gonzo Release for Whack Attack 2
- 1999 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 2000 AVN Best Supporting Actor - Video for LA 399
- 2002 Free Speech Coalition Lifetime Achievement Award - Actor
- 2008 AVN Best Actor - Film for Layout
- 2008 AVN Best Couples Sex Scene - Film for Layout
- 2010 AVN Award – Best Supporting Actor – Throat: A Cautionary Tale
- 2010 XBIZ Award – Male Porn Star of the Year (People's Choice)
- 2011 AVN Award – Best Actor – The Big Lebowski: A XXX Parody
- 2011 AVN Award - Best Big Butt Series - Big Ass Fixation
- 2012 F.O.X.E Male Fan Favorite
- 2013 AVN Award - Best Supporting Actor - Star Wars XXX: A Porn Parody
- Wallace, David Foster (December 2005). Consider the Lobster. Little, Brown and Co. p. 31.
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- "AVN Hall of Fame". Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- "AVN's Top 50 Porn Stars of All Time [January 2002]". AmIAnnoying.com. Retrieved 2013-09-25.
- "Tom Byron May 2000 interview". Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- "Porn Veteran Tom Byron Launches Tom Byron Company". Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- "Deep Inside : A Study of 10,000 Porn Stars and Their Careers". Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "rame awards list". Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- "Past AVN Award Winners". Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- MayorDefacto. "Transcript of the video A Night of Legends: First Annual XRCO Adult Film Awards". Retrieved 2008-08-09.
- "10th Annual Erotic Awards," Adam Film World, January 1987, p. 7
- "XRCO past winners". Retrieved 2007-12-27.
- "Adult Video Awards", CanBest.com. Retrieved 27 December 2007.
- "2008 AVN Award Winners Announced". Archived from the original on 2008-04-04. Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- "2010 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN.com. 2010-01-10. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- Lyla Katz (2010-02-11). "XBIZ Awards 2010 Winners Announced". XBiz.com. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards". AVN.com. 2011-01-09. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- "And Now... The 2013 AVN Award Winners!". AVN.com. 2013-01-23. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tom Byron.|
- Tom Byron at the Internet Movie Database
- Tom Byron on Twitter
- Tom Byron at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Tom Byron at the Adult Film Database
- Tom Byron on Facebook
- Interviews by rogreviews.com: May 2000, September 2001 & August 2002
- Transcribed Chat at Adult DVD Talk
- "I’m a Porn Star, and I Believe in God"
- Tom Byron at PopPorn.com
- Tom Byron Yahoo Group
- Tom Byron at lukeford.com