Tunbridge Wells Forum
Tunbridge Wells Forum
|Location||Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, United Kingdom|
|Type||Live music, Arts|
|Opened||1993 (as a music venue)|
The Forum is located on Tunbridge Wells Common, close to the junction of the A26 London Road and Frant Road, opposite the King Charles the Martyr church and The Pantiles. It is approximately 5 minutes walk from Tunbridge Wells station.
The Forum was the brainchild of 4 friends; Michael Oyarzabal, Peter Hoare, Jason Dormon, and Mark Davyd, two of whom had previously been involved with the Rumble Club, an irregular music event that took place in a variety of locations in Tunbridge Wells during the period 1988 to 1992 – bringing bands such as The Boo Radleys, Lush and Green Day to the area. It was the success of The Rumble Club that prompted them to seek a permanent location for their own venue.
The Forum opened as a new music venue in January 1993 in a building on Tunbridge Wells Common which was previously used as a public toilet and a brass rubbing centre. It has since hosted a number of acts who have gone on to achieve significant commercial success.
In 2012, the NME voted the venue as Britain's Best Small Venue.
Notable acts who have appeared at The Forum
Many acts have appeared at The Forum, towards the beginning of careers that saw them go onto significant commercial success. These have included Adele, Biffy Clyro, Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Green Day, The Libertines, Mumford & Sons, Muse, Oasis, Royal Blood,The Vaccines, We Are Scientists and White Lies.
In addition, The Forum has been used as a venue for more established acts who are playing warmup or smaller shows. These have included Ash, The Divine Comedy, Enter Shikari, Foals, Frank Turner, Joeyfat, Keane and Wheatus
-  10 Years of the Forum, mrgig.com, 2003
- Photos of Biffy Clyro at the Forum from avangelistphotography.com http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tunbridge-wells-forum-scores-nme-top-music-venue-award-7720505.html
- Green Day gigography
- Libertines gig review
- http://muse.mu/tour-dates,the-forum-tunbridge-wells-uk_791.htm http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tunbridge-wells-forum-scores-nme-top-music-venue-award-7720505.html
- Oasis @ Forum photos and setlist
- The Vaccines play Wreckin' Bar at Tunbridge Wells Forum
- Photo of We Are Scientists @ The Forum
- White Lies, Forum, Tunbridge Wells review at independent.co.uk
- Advert for Ash gig at TW Forum
- Frank Turner past gigs list
- Joeyfat @ Forum review at drownedinsound