|Created by||Tsuburaya Productions|
|Written by||Yuji Kobayashi
|Directed by||Takeshi Yagi
|Country of origin||Japan|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Executive producer(s)||Kazuo Tsuburaya|
|Original network||Chubu-Nippon Broadcasting|
|Picture format||High Definition|
|Original release||October 5 – December 21, 2007|
|Preceded by||Ultraman Mebius|
|Followed by||Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle|
Ultraseven X (ＵＬＴＲＡＳＥＶＥＮ Ｘ（ウルトラセブン エックス） Urutorasebun Ekkusu?) is the 23rd entry in the Tsuburaya Productions' long-running Ultra Series. It is a revival of the 1967 classic Ultra Seven, and is the first in Tsuburaya Productions' Ultra hero series to be exclusively for an adult audience and in wide screen high-definition format. The show first aired on October 5, 2007 at 2.15am on CBC and 2.25am on TBS.
DEUS (ＤＥＵＳ（デウス） Deusu?) is the special investigative team organized in order to defend the Earth against alien aggressors. Although they live as normal people, members of DEUS can be called into action at any given time. Agents call each other by code name rather than their actual names. Led by the Commander of DEUS (ＤＥＵＳ（デウス）司令 Deusu Shirei?), he informs agents of their missions through the VC. It is revealed to be an A.I. that controls all of the world's information on behalf of the shadow rulers. The agent's main equipment are the Ultra Gun (ウルトラガン Urutora Gan?) which is a small laser gun, and the VC (Video-Ceiver) (ＶＣ（ビデオシーバー） Buishī (Bideo Shībā)?) wristband which is for all-purpose communication. The known agents of DEUS are:
- Jin/Ultraseven X (ジン／ウルトラセブン Ｘ（エックス） Jin/Urutorasebun Ekkusu?): An agent in DEUS, he was killed when running away from DEUS agents with Elea, when they came close to finding out the real identity of the shadow rulers. He lost his memory after being revived by Ultraseven, and therefore does not remember his real name. He is 25 years old.
- K (ケイ Kei?): He is an agent in DEUS and executes missions with Jin. He is 25 years old.
- S (エス Esu?): She is an agent in DEUS and focuses on undercover missions. She eats chocolate frequently. She is 25 years old.
- R : Aiding a flying saucer responsible for kidnapping people who felt that their life was worthless, he eventually wanted to be taken away by it too, but was killed when a beam was fired onto him by it, leaving a burning ground.
- D : An agent who fell in love with a woman alien who was supposed to gather information preparing for an invasion, he did all he could to protect her. He also taught her to play the guitar, which she fell in love with as she loved the music from it. He pretended to have been killed by a flash of light during a mission with S, in order to disappear to spend time with his lover.
The Aqua Project is a top secret project conducted by the government. It is supposed to convert energy in water into atomic energy. When it was found to open a portal into a parallel universe, the project was halted. However, it was restarted by the shadow rulers in an attempt to invade the parallel universe. Members of the project then found out about the shadow rulers, and were all killed, except for one:
- Elea Saeki (冴木 エレア Saeki Erea?): An employee in the Science Department, she was part of the Aqua Project, a top secret project by the government. After coming close to finding out the real identity of the shadow rulers, she and Jin were pursuited by DEUS agents. When she and Jin fell into Lake Nousu trying to escape the agents, she was contacted by Ultraseven and gave permission to him to "become one" with Jin. When Jin awoken, she handed the Ultra Eye to him so that he can transform into Ultraseven. She is 22 years old.
- Eye Slugger (アイスラッガー Ai Suraggā?): Boomerang-like weapon equipped on his head. Though it is as capable as the original Ultra Seven's Eye Slugger in slicing enemies, its offensive attacks can also be like a club's than a blade, as shown in Episode 1's battle.
- Emerium Beam (エメリウム光線 Emeriumu Kōsen?): Various concentrations of energy rays can be fired from the Beam Lamp on Ultraseven X's forehead. Targets would burn and be destroyed in an angry green flame.
- Wide Shot (ワイドショット Waido Shotto?): Ultraseven X's most powerful attack. It can split into multiple, separate beams that can strike at different, multiple targets, as shown in Episode 2. Targets are destroyed in a blue-white explosion.
Ultraseven X's Identity
In the final episode ("NEW WORLD"), Ultraseven X is revealed to be the original Ultra Seven, crossed over into a parallel universe in order to save both his world (the "M-78 universe"), and this new one, from the threat of the Shadow Rulers. Ultraseven restored Jin's life in order to operate in the new world, with Jin serving as his new host. Ultraseven eventually returns to his universe, where Dan Moroboshi (Kohji Moritsugu) is reunited with Anne Yuri (Yuriko Hishimi).
Monsters and aliens
List of episodes
|#||Title||Directed by||Written by||Aliens||Original airdate|
|1||"DREAM"||Takeshi Yagi||Yuji Kobayashi||Space-Time Life Form Galkimes (時空生命体 ガルキメス Jikū Seimeitai Garukimesu?)||October 5, 2007|
|2||"CODE NAME“R”"||Takeshi Yagi||Ai Ota||N/A||October 12, 2007|
|3||"HOPELESS"||Kenji Suzuki||Takuro Fukuda||Alien Markind (マーキンド星人 Mākindo Seijin?)||October 19, 2007|
|4||"DIAMOND“S”"||Kenji Suzuki||Ai Ota||Exobiological Parasite Peginera (パラサイト宇宙生物 ペジネラ Parasaito Uchū Seibutsu Pejinera?)||October 26, 2007|
|5||"PEACE MAKER"||Kenji Suzuki||Jiro Kaneko||Violent Alien Alien Vo-Da (凶暴エイリアン ボーダ星人 Kyōbō Eirian Bōda Seijin?)||November 2, 2007|
|6||"TRAVELER"||Kengo Kaji||Yuji Kobayashi||N/A||November 9, 2007|
|7||"YOUR SONG"||Kengo Kaji||Sotaro Hayashi||Alien Vairo (ヴァイロ星人 Vairo Seijin?)
Mechanical Biological Weapon Vadoryudo (生物機械兵器 バドリュード Seibutsu Kikai Heiki Badoryūdo?)
|November 16, 2007|
|8||"BLOOD MESSAGE"||Kazuya Konaka||Keiichi Hasegawa||Carnage Spaceman Hupnath (殺戮宇宙人 ヒュプナス Satsuriku Uchūjin Hyupunasu?)||November 23, 2007|
|9||"RED MOON"||Takeshi Yagi||Ai Ota||Jyuujin (獣人 Jūjin?, Beast Man)||November 30, 2007|
|10||"MEMORIES"||Kazuya Konaka||Yuji Kobayashi||N/A||December 7, 2007|
|11||"AQUA PROJECT"||Takeshi Yagi||Yuji Kobayashi||N/A||December 14, 2007|
|12||"NEW WORLD"||Takeshi Yagi||Yuji Kobayashi||Giant Mechanical Life Form Mecha-Grakyess (巨大機械生命体 メカ・グラキエス Kyodai Kikai Seimeitai Meka Gurakiesu?)||December 21, 2007|
- Jin (ジン Jin?) - Eriku Yoza (与座 重理久 Yoza Eriku?)
- Elea (エレア Erea?) - Saki Kagami (加賀美 早紀 Kagami Saki?)
- K (ケイ Kei?) - Tomohito Wakizaki (脇崎 智史 Wakizaki Tomohito?)
- S (エス Esu?) - Anri Ban (伴 杏里 Ban Anri?)
- Commander of DEUS (ＤＥＵＳ（デウス）司令 Deusu Shirei?, Voice) - Yosuke Natsuki (夏木 陽介 Natsuki Yōsuke?)
- Newscaster of Government Broadcasting (政府放送のキャスター Seifu Hōsō no Kyasutā?) - Kenichi Miyamoto (宮本 賢一 Miyamoto Ken'ichi?), Yoko Azami (莇 陽子 Azami Yōko?)
- Leader of Alien Group (エイリアン集団の首領 Eirian Shūdan no Shuryō?, 1) - Akira Otani (大谷 朗 Ōtani Akira?)
- Lady Executive of Alien Group (エイリアン集団の女性幹部 Eirian Shūdan no Josei Kanbu?, 1) - MiWa
- Rulers (支配者 Shihaisha?, 1, 10-12) - Masahiro Noguchi (野口 雅弘 Noguchi Masahiro?), Seiki Chiba (千葉 誠樹 Chiba Seiki?), Michiko Nakayama (ナカヤマ ミチコ Nakayama Michiko?)
- Eriko (エリコ Eriko?, 2) - Tomomi Miyashita (宮下 ともみ Tomomi Miyashita?)
- R (アール Āru?, 2) - Toshiyuki Watarai (渡来 敏之 Watarai Toshiyuki?)
- Tamaru/Alien Markind (タマル／マーキンド星人 Tamaru/Mākindo Seijin?, 3) - Takayasu Komiya (小宮 孝泰 Komiya Takayasu?)
- Tazaki (田崎 Tazaki?, 4) - Edo Yamaguchi (エド 山口 Edo Yamaguchi?)
- Yamane (山根 Yamane?, 4) - Tsutomu Okabe (岡部 務 Okabe Tsutomu?)
- Slender Man/Alien Chamda (細身の男／チャムダ星人 Hosomi no Otoko/Chamuda Seijin?, 5) - Kenji Yabe (やべ けんじ Yabe Kenji?)
- Takao (タカオ Takao?, 6) - Mitsuru Karahashi (唐橋 充 Karahashi Mitsuru?)
- Alisa (アリサ Arisa?, 6) - Nao Oikawa (及川 奈央 Oikawa Nao?)
- Soul of Light (光の魂 Hikari no Tamashii?, Voice) 6 - Asami Imai (今井 麻美 Imai Asami?)
- Natarle (ナタル Nataru?, 7) - Saaya Ishikawa (石川 紗彩 Ishikawa Saaya?)
- D (ディー Dī?, 7) - Ryohei Odai (小田井 涼平 Odai Ryōhei?)
- Street Singer (ストリートシンガー Sutorīto Shingā?, 7) - Hiroko Ebioka (海老岡 宏子 Ebioka Hiroko?)
- Kyosuke Agata/Hupnath (アガタ･キョウスケ／ヒュプナス Agata Kyōsuke/Hyupunasu?, 8) - Yuuki Kuroda (黒田 勇樹 Kuroda Yūki?)
- Asami Agata (アガタ･アサミ Agata Asami?, 8) - Yukie Kawamura (川村 ゆきえ Kawamura Yukie?)
- Sameo (サメオ Sameo?, 8) - Yuki Ito (伊藤 友樹 Itō Yūki?)
- Ogata/Saku (尾形／朔 Ogata/Saku?, 9) - Hassei Takano (高野 八誠 Takano Hassei?)
- Mahiru (まひる Mahiru?, 9) - Kaori Nakamura (中村 果生莉 Nakamura Kaori?)
- Nozomu/Jyuujin (望／獣人 Nozomu/Jūjin?, 9) - Hiro Ogasawara (小笠原 宙 Ogasawara Hiro?)
- Professor Shikishima (敷島教授 Shikishima Kyōju?, 9) - Masami Horiuchi (堀内 正美 Horiuchi Masami?)
- Saki (サキ Saki?, 10) - Shion Nakamaru (中丸 シオン Nakamaru Shion?)
- Haibara (ハイバラ Haibara?, 10) - Ryuki Kitaoka (北岡 龍貴 Kitaoka Ryūki?)
- Anne Yuri (友里 アンヌ Yuri Annu?, 12) - Yuriko Hishimi (ひし美 ゆり子 Hishimi Yuriko?)
- Dan Moroboshi (モロボシ･ダン Moroboshi Dan?, 12) - Kohji Moritsugu (森次 晃嗣 Moritsugu Kōji?)
A Novel series of UltraSeven X is released and published in Hobby Japan.
- Producer: Kazuo Tsuburaya
- Series Organizer/Director Takeshi Yagi
- Directors: Kenji Suzuki, Kengo Kaji, Kazuya Konaka
- Writers: Yuji Kobayashi, Ai Ota, Takuro Fukuda, Jiro Kaneko, Sotaro Hayashi, Keiichi Hasegawa
- Music Producer: Shizuka Tamagawa
- Theme song
- "Another day comes"
- Lyrics: K
- Composition & Artist: Pay Money to My Pain