Welcome to Wikipedia. Although everyone is welcome to contribute constructively to the encyclopedia, your addition of one or more external links to the page Jazzy B has been reverted.
Your edit here to Jazzy B was reverted by an automated bot that attempts to remove links which are discouraged per our external links guideline. The external link(s) you added or changed (http://facebook.com/jazzyb) is/are on my list of links to remove and probably shouldn't be included in Wikipedia.
If you were trying to insert an external link that does comply with our policies and guidelines, then please accept my creator's apologies and feel free to undo the bot's revert. However, if the link does not comply with our policies and guidelines, but your edit included other, constructive, changes to the article, feel free to make those changes again without re-adding the link. Please read Wikipedia's external links guideline for more information, and consult my list of frequently-reverted sites. For more information about me, see my FAQ page. Thanks! --XLinkBot (talk) 22:06, 23 August 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I'm XLinkBot. I wanted to let you know that I removed an external link you added to the page Speed Records (record label), because it seemed to be inappropriate for an encyclopedia. If you think I made a mistake, or if you have any questions, you can leave me a message on my talk page, or take a look at our guidelines about links.
Your edit here to Speed Records (record label) was reverted by an automated bot that attempts to remove links which are discouraged per our external links guideline. The external link(s) you added or changed (http://www.youtube.com/speedrecords) is/are on my list of links to remove and probably shouldn't be included in Wikipedia. If the external link you inserted or changed was to a media file (e.g. a sound or video file) on an external server, then note that linking to such files may be subject to Wikipedia's copyright policy, as well as other parts of our external links guideline. If the information you linked to is indeed in violation of copyright, then such information should not be linked to. Please consider using our upload facility to upload a suitable media file, or consider linking to the original.
If you were trying to insert an external link that does comply with our policies and guidelines, then please accept my creator's apologies and feel free to undo the bot's revert. However, if the link does not comply with our policies and guidelines, but your edit included other, constructive, changes to the article, feel free to make those changes again without re-adding the link. Please read Wikipedia's external links guideline for more information, and consult my list of frequently-reverted sites. For more information about me, see my FAQ page. Thanks! --XLinkBot (talk) 22:29, 14 September 2013 (UTC)
Hello G4gurpreet, and welcome to Wikipedia. While we appreciate your contributing to Wikipedia, there are certain things you must keep in mind about using information from your sources to avoid copyright or plagiarism issues here.
- You can only copy/translate a small amount of a source, and you must mark what you take as a direct quotation with double quotation marks (") and a cited source. You can read about this at Wikipedia:Non-free content in the sections on "text". See also Wikipedia:Referencing for beginners, for how to cite sources here.
- Aside from limited quotation, you must put all information in your own words and structure, in proper paraphrase. Following the source's words too closely can create copyright problems, so it is not permitted here; see Wikipedia:Close paraphrasing. (There is a college-level introduction to paraphrase, with examples, hosted by the Online Writing Lab of Purdue.) Even when using your own words, you are still, however, asked to cite your sources to verify information and to demonstrate that the content is not original research.
- Our primary policy on using copyrighted content is Wikipedia:Copyrights. You may also want to review Wikipedia:Copy-paste.
- In very rare cases (that is, for sources that are public domain or compatibly licensed), it may be possible to include greater portions of a source text. However, please seek help at the help desk before adding such content to the article. 99.9% of sources may not be added in this way, so it is necessary to seek confirmation first. If you do confirm that a source is public domain or compatibly licensed, you will still need to provide full attribution; see Wikipedia:Plagiarism for the steps you need to follow.
- Also note that Wikipedia articles may not be copied without attribution. If you want to copy from another Wikipedia project or article, you can, but please follow the steps in Wikipedia:Copying within Wikipedia.
It's very important that contributors understand and follow these practices, as policy requires that people who persistently do not must be blocked from editing. If you have any questions about this, you are welcome to leave me a message on my talk page. Thank you. Tbhotch.™ Grammatically incorrect? Correct it! See terms and conditions. 23:11, 14 September 2013 (UTC)
- Please, stop uploading this image. You are not the copyright holder of it to claim a Creative Commons license of it. It is irrelevant the previous image is old, recent images are not requiered, just they are needed to have a free license. Stop reverting it, or otherwise this account will end up blocked for copyright violations. Tbhotch.™ Grammatically incorrect? Correct it! See terms and conditions. 01:50, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
- We need physical evidence that image belongs to you, because the image has existed in many other sites. You can verify you are the author contacting the WP:OTRS team. Follow the instructions there to verify the author of the image is you. Otherwise it is not legally possible to verify you are the copyholder of the rights. Tbhotch.™ Grammatically incorrect? Correct it! See terms and conditions. 02:55, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of One Digital Entertainment
A tag has been placed on One Digital Entertainment, requesting that it be deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under two or more of the criteria for speedy deletion, by which articles can be deleted at any time, without discussion. If the page meets any of these strictly-defined criteria, then it may be soon be deleted by an administrator. The reasons it has been tagged are:
- It seems to be unambiguous advertising which only promotes a company, product, group, service or person and would need to be fundamentally rewritten in order to become encyclopedic. (See section G11 of the criteria for speedy deletion.) Please read the guidelines on spam and Wikipedia:FAQ/Business for more information.
- It appears to be about a person, organization (band, club, company, etc.), individual animal, or web content, but it does not indicate how or why the subject is important or significant: that is, why an article about that subject should be included in an encyclopedia. (See section A7 of the criteria for speedy deletion.) Such articles may be deleted at any time. Please see the guidelines for what is generally accepted as notable.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, you can place a request here. Hell in a Bucket (talk) 19:56, 18 April 2014 (UTC)
- Copy of email of G4gurpreet to Randykitty: This is with reference to the wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Digital_Entertainment deleted by you. Wanted to check base with you on the criteria for having pages for leading company pages. This page I believe is similar to the other pages in the same category and of similar scale such as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valleyarm , https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediakraft_Networks & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millimages . One Digital Entertainment is India's largest Multi Channel Network - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-channel_network and I thought it made complete sense to have India's largest such network in the Wiki Page of List Of Multi Channel Networks at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multi-channel_networks like all others. You can also check the authenticity of the company at YouTube's Official page for Multi Channel Networks at https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2952738?hl=en
You can also check the Facebook Verified Company Page for more authenticity at https://www.facebook.com/onedigitalentertainment There are multiple media coverages about the company as well by renowned media publications available online.
Please let me know and would request you to re-look at the deletion of the page. G4Gurpreet.
- I am responding here, as this does not seem to be an issue that needs the privacy of email. I'll have a look at those other articles, too. However, WP:OTHERSTUFFEXISTS is not the strongest of arguments... To see what is required for an article about a company, go to WP:NCORP. Also, see our policies about reliable sources and "peacock words". --Randykitty (talk) 13:11, 19 April 2014 (UTC)