|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Aye-yay-yay-yay!
- 2 AlleeXaSRB
- 3 Vietnamese music certifications
- 4 Re: Rihanna disco
- 5 List of number-one hits of 2011 (Switzerland)
- 6 Coderebavids
- 7 Hill Street Blues-"Notability" of cast list
- 8 Please re-review
- 9 Thanks!
- 10 Steve Martin
- 11 Aftermath
- 12 Hungary certifications
- 13 Sacagawea dollar
- 14 WP:DISCOGSTYLE
- 15 The sincerest form of flattery
- 16 Is John still from Pinckney?
Please shoot me! I can't believe some people won't drop the stick. There is now a silly stupid debate on-going at Talk:What's My Name? (Rihanna song) about genres. The user who's come across from an RfC (requested by an IP) has been reverting edits and claiming the highground based on a his own claim that he has "enough musical knowledge about ska and reggae to reasonably conclude that it fits neither category". :( Seriously, apparently Billboard and AOL radio describing the song as reggae and ska suddenly aren't good enough. Please can you weigh in on the situation? -- Lil_℧niquℇ №1 [talk] 01:37, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
Hello. Thanks for reporting AlleeXaSRB (talk · contribs) to WP:AIV. After taking a look at this user's contributions, I fear this is way too complicated for AIV. As such, I am going to suggest you take it to WP:AN/I where the situation can get more in-depth attention. When reporting it to AN/I, please include diffs showing examples of the editor's disruptive editing. Regards, — Kralizec! (talk) 14:26, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
Vietnamese music certifications
Re: Rihanna disco
List of number-one hits of 2011 (Switzerland)
You really think that "This song was number one on the week of X" is a copyright violation? The lists of number-one hits are no more a copyvio than your average "Chart performance" section in a song article. Ten Pound Hammer, his otters and a clue-bat • (Otters want attention) 18:38, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- When we copy a page of number-one hits and make a WP article of number-one hits out of it, yeah. The chart performance sections (as I mentioned in my deletion nom, which you apparently didn't read) actually add something, and we can fairly use one item out of a weekly chart listing (or several listings). It's the wholesale duplication that bugs me. — JohnFromPinckney (talk) 18:46, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
Can you please keep an eye on this editor? They keep re-adding sources from vintagevinylnews.com, a personal blog, to cite the Canadian Country Albums chart (which is listed at WP:BADCHARTS) on the articles Keep On Loving You (album) and All the Women I Am. I've tried explaining that the site is not reliable, and they keep re-adding it with incivil edit summaries. Ten Pound Hammer, his otters and a clue-bat • (Otters want attention) 20:24, 6 January 2011 (UTC)
Hill Street Blues-"Notability" of cast list
Hi, you took part in a short discussion about the cast list for HSB today . I have begun a thread on an edit conflict about including a 10 person list of stars who had early one off roles on HSB. Thought you might like to participate.It is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Notability/Noticeboard [actual link added by JohnFromPinckney for later reference.]
backround page talk page is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Hill_Street_Blues
- Thanks for letting me know about this. Next time you start a discussion involving me, please try to mention it to me less than 10 hours after the fact. I see that it took you some time to notify me, even after you were advised to do so. It appears that you were too busy arguing with other editors to think to include me.
- As to "my views", my view is that you will have trouble being successful on Wikipedia if you think of your fellow editors as your opponents. The insults, disparaging remarks, name-calling, etc., won't help, either. — JohnFromPinckney (talk) 01:08, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
- most editors are fine-HSB seems to have attracted a nest of non-inclusionists. Someone who opposes you is an opponent. Someone who opposes for bizarre and unlikely reasons is in need of a little exposure to the light of day. I will try in future to speed up my notifications to faster than within the day -maybe I could even get them to match the 3 minute unnannounced revert speed of good faith edits of your fellow traveller. I reserve the right to criticize petty personal obstructionism and cabals wherever I see or find them. Are you being honest when you say you were unaware for 10 hours ? yours in wikijesus --Tumadoireacht (talk) 05:36, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
Hello JohnFromPinckney, You recently reviewed Melanie C discography. Some time has passed and the article has been updated. Could you please re-review the article. The review page is located here: Wikipedia:Featured list candidates/Melanie C discography/archive2 Thanks! Tsange ►talk 19:50, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
|The Liberty Walking Barnstar|
|Awarded for excellence in the field of numismatics. The layout you suggested for shooting thaler will have a lasting impact on how data is displayed in numismatic articles. Thanks for the help!-RHM22 (talk) 12:47, 12 January 2011 (UTC)|
- Hi, Static. I'm sorry you thought it was mean; that was absolutely not my intention. I only meant to communicate that we haven't yet found ref citations to support all of the release dates being claimed there. Happy editing (and good luck in your hunt for more informative sources). — JohnFromPinckney (talk) 23:55, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
Hi John. As you know I am trying to make sense of the certification thresholds so I can make a reliable template (and I'm also correcting what I can in List of music recording certifications as I go). In this edit you added Note: Only as of 1 January 2010 to the Hungarian records. Do you happen to remember why? this source states a change in the domestic repertoire thresholds on 2009-10-01 and I believe there was never a change in international levels. Just to make it clear, if I can't find a reliable source, the template will return "0" (as it already does for Denmark before April 2009 which is the latest I have a source for). Best regards. --Muhandes (talk) 14:30, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
Hi John. I hate to bother you again, but I was wondering if you could please give me a little assistance with something that I haven't been able to work out. I'm doing some work on an article that's currently in my userspace, here. Towards the bottom of the page, I have some images of the Sacagawea dollar reverses. Could you please tell me how to make the edge letting go in the middle underneath the other four images, or how to make all the images go in one box where I can label each one. I haven't been able to figure it out at all. Thanks for your time!-RHM22 (talk) 03:40, 29 January 2011 (UTC)
- Hi again John. Nevermind that last request, because someone else already came through and figured it out. Thanks anyway!-RHM22 (talk) 14:49, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
Hey John, I don't know about you, but I was thinking its about time WP:DISCOGSTYLE lost the 'proposal' banner at the top. Its been a proposal for two long and people are beginning to use it to justify their style deviations with discographies. -- Lil_℧niquℇ №1 [talk] 20:24, 29 January 2011 (UTC)
The sincerest form of flattery
Is John still from Pinckney?
Hi John, its been an incredibly long time since I last saw your name in an edit summary, and since I last spoke to you. Just wanted to see if your still editing? and how you are really. :) — Lil_℧niquℇ №1 [talk] 19:17, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- Hi, Lil! Yes, it's been ages; I've been away due to a big change in my work life. Something had to go, and Wikipedia was at the top of the expendable list. I was spending way too much time here anyway, and getting too caught up and exasperated in the activities of other editors. Don't take offense; you're not one of them.
- I miss the action here and I wonder what's been decided in certain areas of WP, as I haven't been following any discussions. Still, I think I need to stay (mostly) away for a while longer. My life is not yet properly balanced (and I've never been too well balanced myself). Hope you (and the other WP editors I enjoyed working with) are doing well. May peace, harmony and patience be yours. Happy editing! — JohnFromPinckney (talk) 18:17, 27 June 2011 (UTC)