|Initial release||August 30, 2007|
|Stable release||3.0.0 (December 23, 2020)|
|Preview release||3.0.0-rc1 (September 20, 2020)|
|Written in||Python, Haskell|
|Platform||Xen, KVM, LXC|
|Type||Virtual machine monitor|
|License||2-clause BSD license|
Ganeti is a virtual machine cluster management tool developed by Google. The solution stack uses either Xen, KVM, or LXC as the virtualization platform, LVM for disk management, and optionally DRBD for disk replication across physical hosts or shared storage for external replication. Since 2007 Ganeti is developed and released as free and open-source software. Originally subject to the requirements of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2, the license was changed to the 2-clause BSD license in version 2.11.6, released September 2014.
Ganeti acts as a convenient wrapper around existing hypervisors for system administrators to set up a cluster. It is used by Google for some of its computing infrastructure and also by the Linux Foundation (formerly Open Source Development Labs) for hosting open source projects. In contrast to cloud solutions designed for many ephemeral VMs, Ganeti focuses on long-lived, persistent VMs suitable for workloads that don't have built-in redundancy.
The first International Ganeti Conference, Ganeticon 2013 was held in Greece from 3rd till 5 September 2013. The second and third one were held at Portland State University (in Portland, OR, in September 2014) and Google Prague (in Prague, Czech Republic, in September 2015). The fourth conference took place at Google's Dublin office, in September 2016. The fifth conference was held in Leipzig in December 2017 at Spreadshirt.
- Marxer, Roman (2007-08-30). "Ganeti: Open source virtual server management software released". Retrieved 2013-07-11.
- Ganeti shared storage support - Ganeti documentation website
- Ganeti 2.11.6 released - Ganeti mailing list
- Announcing the Second Ganeti Developers and Users conference - Ganeti mailing list
- Third Ganeti developers and users conference - Ganeti mailing list
- Fourth Ganeti Developers and Users Conference - Ganeti mailing list
-  - Ganeti mailing list