|Broadcast area||Chicago market|
|Branding||Univision Deportes Chicago 1200 AM|
|Frequency||1200 kHz(also on HD Radio)|
20,000 watts (day)|
4,500 watts (night)
Chicago Fire (MLS) |
Univision Deportes Radio
Univision Radio |
(Univision Radio Illinois, Inc.)
WRTO (1200 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a Spanish news/talk format. Licensed to Chicago, Illinois, United States, the station serves the Chicago area. The station is owned by Univision subsidiary Univision Radio Illinois, Inc., and features local programming as well as shows originating at other Univision Radio stations.
The station is the flagship station of the Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer, the Chicago Bears of the National Football League, and the Chicago Bulls of the National Basketball Association. The station also broadcasts Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs and Chicago Blackhawks games in Spanish.
WRTO became a part of the Univision America Talk Radio network 4 July 2012. While the network itself ceased operations in 2015, WRTO aired remnants of Univision America's programming, as well as its local news, sports, and weather.
On December 20, 2016, Univision announced that WRTO would be one of the charter affiliates of their new Spanish-language sports network, Univision Deportes Radio; the launch was set for early 2017.
- Call Sign History, fcc.gov. Retrieved July 24, 2018.
- Venta, Lance (30 May 2012). "Univision To Launch National Talk Network". Radio Insight. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- Univision To Launch "Univision Deportes Radio"
- http://www.hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?id=3 Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine. HD Radio Guide for Chicago
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WRTO
- Radio-Locator Information on WRTO
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WRTO
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|