|Broadcast area||Chicago market|
|Branding||Univision America Chicago 1200 AM|
|Frequency||1200 kHz(also on HD Radio)|
|Audience share||0.2 (Holiday 2016, Nielsen Audio)|
|Power||20,000 watts (day)
4,500 watts (night)
|Affiliations||Chicago Fire (MLS)
Univision America (July 4, 2012)
(WLXX-AM License Corp.)
WRTO (1200 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a Spanish news/talk format. Licensed to Chicago, Illinois, United States, the station serves the Chicago area. The station is currently owned by Univision subsidiary WLXX-AM License Corp. and features local programming as well as shows originating at other Univision Radio stations.
The station is the flagship station of the Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer, the Chicago Bears of the National Football League, and the Chicago Bulls of the National Basketball Association. The station also broadcasts Chicago White Sox, Chicago Cubs and Chicago Blackhawks games in Spanish.
WRTO became a part of the Univision America Talk Radio network 4 July 2012. While the network itself ceased operations in 2015, WRTO aired remnants of Univision America's programming, as well as its local news, sports, and weather.
On December 20, 2016, Univision announced that WRTO would be one of the charter affiliates of their new Spanish-language sports network, Univision Deportes Radio; the launch is currently set for early 2017.
- Venta, Lance (30 May 2012). "Univision To Launch National Talk Network". Radio Insight. Retrieved 2014-09-02.
- Univision To Launch "Univision Deportes Radio"
- http://www.hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?id=3 HD Radio Guide for Chicago
- Query the FCC's AM station database for WRTO
- Radio-Locator Information on WRTO
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for WRTO
|This article about a radio station in Illinois is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|