|Broadcast area||Ventura County, California|
|Branding||Sports Radio 1450|
|Slogan||Ventura County's Sports Leader|
|First air date||1948|
|Callsign meaning||K VENtura|
|Affiliations||CBS Sports Radio
Los Angeles Dodgers Radio Network
(Cumulus Licensing LLC)
|Website||CBS Sports Radio 1450|
KVEN (1450 AM) is a sports radio station licensed to Ventura, California, carrying the national CBS Sports Network and no local programming. It is owned by Cumulus Media. Its power is 1,000 watts. In the early 1990s, a News/Talk format was aired. Host Phil Hendrie broadcast his show locally weekday afternoons from 1 to 4PM at the KVEN studio. A notable episode was a 5-way on-air round-table chat with Presidents Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, and George H. W. Bush on 11/04/1991, the opening day of the Reagan Library. Overall, the station was one of Southern California's top 20 rated radio stations during the 1990s.
For a considerable part of the 2000s, KVEN was an oldies radio station. It was originally formatted by radio veteran Lee Marshall, and later transitioned to a syndicated feed called The True Oldies Channel. They used to broadcast the syndicated Wolfman Jack Radio Program, and, on Sunday nights, the Dr. Demento show, but both shows ceased airing upon the switchover to "True Oldies."  KVEN was affiliated with ABC Radio's The True Oldies Channel between June 23, 2008, and its conversion to an ESPN radio affiliate. On February 1, 2011 KVEN flipped their oldies music format to sports, with programming from ESPN Radio, which it carried until CBS Sports Radio programming was adopted on January 3, 2013.
This station also broadcasts some major sporting events. For example, during the Major League Baseball season, KVEN is the Ventura County radio home of the Los Angeles Dodgers, and during the NCAA football season, it broadcasts University of Southern California football games.
- General Programing (1948-1990)
- News/Talk (1990-2000) (NewsTalk 1450AM)
- Oldies (2000-2011) (1450 The Boomer)
- Sports Talk (2011-2013) (1450 ESPN) Programming From ESPN Radio (2011-2013)
- Sports Talk (2013–Present) (Sports Radio 1450AM) Programming From CBS Sports Radio (2013–present)
- ""The Boomer" KVEN-AM in Ventura, CA to drop oldies for sports". Radio-Info.com. January 28, 2011. Retrieved June 1, 2011.
- ""Oldies" KDZA returns to Pueblo; Ventura gets "True Oldies"". Radio-Info.com. June 24, 2008.
- "TV-Radio Notebook: Ventura's KVEN part of CBS Sports Radio network launch". January 3, 2013.
- FCC History Cards for KVEN
- KVEN's website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KVEN
- Radio-Locator Information on KVEN
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KVEN