|Single by Green Day|
|from the album Insomniac|
|Released||August 20, 1996 |
|Writer(s)||Billie Joe Armstrong / Green Day|
|Producer(s)||Rob Cavallo, Green Day|
|Green Day singles chronology|
"Walking Contradiction" is a song by American punk rock band Green Day. It was released as the fourth and final single from their fourth album, Insomniac and is the closing track on the album. The song reached number 21 on the Modern Rock Tracks in August 1996.
- "Walking Contradiction (radio edit) " - 2:31
The video was directed by Roman Coppola. Much of it was filmed in San Pedro, Los Angeles, California. The video features the three members of Green Day going about in a town casually causing accidents, explosions, and mayhem while being unaware of their actions. The music video received a Grammy nomination for "Best Music Video, Short Form" at the 39th Grammy Awards in 1997 
- A live version on the album, Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking.
- Green Day Album & Song Chart History | Billboard.com. Retrieved 2010-02-11.
- "Nobody Likes You: Inside the Turbulent Life, Times, and Music of Green Day". Marc Spitz. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
...pummeling punk tracks like "Tightwad Hill" and "Walking Contradiction"...
- Billboard Chart History
- http://www.rockonthenet.com/archive/1997/grammys.htm Retrieved October 3rd 2012.