At the 2005 Axis for Peace conference
|Born||Webster Griffin Tarpley|
September 1946 (age 72)
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Occupation||Author, journalist, historian|
|Political party||Tax Wall Street Party|
Webster Griffin Tarpley (born September 1946) is an American author, historian, journalist, lecturer and critic of U.S. foreign and domestic policy. Some of his publications revolve around conspiracy theories. Tarpley is a founder of the Tax Wall Street Party.
Tarpley was born in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, in 1946. After receiving a Bachelor of Arts in Languages from Princeton University in 1966, summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, he became a Fulbright Scholar at the University of Turin, Italy. He later earned a Master of Arts in humanities from Skidmore College and a Ph.D. in early modern history from the Catholic University of America.
In 1971, Tarpley was on the editorial board of The Campaigner, a National Caucus of Labor Committees' journal, according to its masthead. In 1986, Tarpley attempted to run on Lyndon LaRouche's U.S. Labor Party platform in the New York State Democratic Party primary for the U.S. Senate, but was ruled off the ballot because of a defect in his nominating petitions. In 1992, Tarpley co-authored with Anton Chaitkin George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography, published by LaRouche's Executive Intelligence Review.
Since March 2006, Tarpley has had a weekly online talk show called World Crisis Radio, hosted by GCNLive.com. Tarpley is a member of the "world anti-imperialist conference" Axis for Peace, of Scholars for 9/11 Truth and of a research Netzwerk of German 9/11 authors founded in September 2006. Tarpley has also expounded the "Versailles Thesis" laying the blame for the great wars of the 20th century on intrigues by Britain to retain her dominance.
In addition to World Crisis Radio, Webster Tarpley also hosts the podcast, the AmericanSystem.tv. This subscription-based program airs Monday-Thursday at 9 p.m. EST. The podcast is co-hosted with Daniela Walls, the chairperson of the Tax Wall Street Party. 
9/11 and terrorism analysis
On November 21, 2011, while traveling to Syria, Tarpley told Syria's Addounia TV that the Syrian Civil War was a NATO-CIA ploy to destabilize Syria using mercenaries and death squads against the population and the Syrian government.
On April 2, 2012, C-SPAN aired 9/11, False Flags, and Black Ops: An Evening of Debate, in which Tarpley debated his critic Jonathan Kay on conspiracy theories, specifically the truth behind the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
On June 7, 2012, interviewed for the NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation) regarding the 2011 Norway attacks, Tarpley said, "I believe that the evidence points to a private network, or even a NATO network, within the police that contributed the long time delay until they stormed the Island."
Tarpley told Press TV on June 18, 2013 that revelations about the National Security Agency by their former computer system administrator Edward Snowden outlining global and domestic spying by US intelligence agencies might be seen as a "CIA limited hangout operation," that is, to publicize minor public manipulation operations to conceal greater covert misdeeds such as promoting war in the Middle East. He claimed such "gullibility" operations could be traced from Daniel Ellsberg to Julian Assange's WikiLeaks, with a legacy in perfidious politics and governance since the 17th century.
Critics of Tarpley note that he still sells copies of the book on the Bush family he co-authored while working for Lyndon LaRouche. The book was criticized by author David Neiwert, who noted:
- Like most Larouche texts, the Bush "biography" is a mélange of fact and distortion, written in a highly suppositional style that makes numerous leaps of logic and asserts connections where there is no real evidence to support it, at other times omitting exculpatory or contrary information that reveals a more complete picture. Sifting through it requires a great deal of work, but there are nuggets of fact woven into their text that are substantiated and which deserve proper consideration.
Melania Trump libel suit
In February 2017, he agreed to settle a libel suit brought by U.S. First Lady Melania Trump for publishing a "false and defamatory" report In August 2016 alleging that the First Lady had been a "high-end escort" prior to meeting President Donald Trump. Terms of the settlement included providing a public apology in writing and paying a "substantial sum".
- Chi ha ucciso Aldo Moro? (Who Killed Aldo Moro?) Study commissioned by the Italian Parliamentary Giuseppe Zamberletti (DC) and published in Rome, 1978. It sheds light on the affiliation between the Red Brigades and the neofascist P2 lodge and the role of the Italian intelligence services in the Operation Gladio/Anglo-American secret services.
- George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography (1992) (co-authored with Anton Chaitkin). Reprinted 2004, ISBN 0-930852-92-3.
- Against Oligarchy (1996)
- Surviving the Cataclysm: Your Guide through the Worst Financial Crisis in Human History (1999); updated edition, 2009, 1-61577-600-1.
- 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA – Myth of the 21st Century (2005), Foreword by Thierry Meyssan, ISBN 0-930852-31-1, Fifth edition ISBN 1-61577-111-5 (Nov. 2011).
- Obama — The Postmodern Coup: Making of a Manchurian Candidate (April 2008) ISBN 0-930852-88-5.
- Barack H. Obama: The Unauthorized Biography (August 2008) ISBN 0-930852-81-8.
- Japanese edition: March 2009.
- Just Too Weird: Bishop Romney and the Mormon Takeover of America: Polygamy, Theocracy, and Subversion (October 2012) ISBN 1-61577-724-5.
- "Russia's Participation in the U.S. Civil War". C-SPAN. September 24, 2013. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- Aaronovitch, David (2011). Voodoo Histories: How Conspiracy Theory Has Shaped Modern History. Random House. p. 12. ISBN 978-1-4464-2429-2.
- "tarpley.net". tarpley.net. July 10, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "Masthead". The Campaigner. 4 (1). National Caucus of Labor Committees. Winter 1971.
- Rangel, Jesus (August 9, 1986). "Another Assemblyman Ruled Off Primary Ballot". The New York Times.
- "World Crisis Radio on GCNLive". Gcnlive.com. Archived from the original on June 26, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "The Versailles Thesis – Roots of WWI". Members.tripod.com. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- 9/11 Synthetic Terror, Progressive Press, 4th edition, 2Military–industrial complex007, passim.
- "Tarpley on Syrian Addounia TV". TARPLEY.net / Addounia TV. November 21, 2011. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- "9/11, False Flags, Black Ops Evening Debate _ Video". C-SPAN. April 2, 2012. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- "Konspirasjonsflom etter 22. juli – 22. juli 2011 – Terroren som rammet Norge". NRK (in Norwegian). June 6, 2012. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- Tarpley, Webster G. (June 18, 2013). "How to identify CIA limited hangout op?". Press TV. Archived from the original on September 3, 2014. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- David Neiwert,  "Bush, the Nazis and America," Orcinus, Sunday, September 07, 2003
- "Melania Trump wins round in libel suit over blogger's 'escort' claims". politico.com. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- "Blogger forced to pay 'substantial sum' to Melania Trump in defamation lawsuit". Fox News. February 7, 2017. Retrieved February 7, 2017.
- Morse, Dan (February 7, 2017). "Melania Trump reaches settlement in libel lawsuit against Maryland blogger". The Washington Post.
- tarpley.net — official site
- Genesis Communications Network: World Crisis Radio (Tarpley's radio show)
- New York Magazine: The Ground Zero Grassy Knoll (article by Mark Jacobson about 9/11 conspiracy theorists that mentions Tarpley)
- Webster Tarpley Radio on YouTube