Welsh Association of Sub Aqua Clubs
The Welsh Association of Sub Aqua Clubs (Welsh: Cwmdeithas Clybiau Tanddwr Cymru) (WASAC) is the national governing body (NGB) for Sub Aqua in Wales. Sub Aqua is a broad term encompassing both recreational underwater activities such as recreational diving and snorkelling, and competitive underwater activities including underwater sports as underwater hockey
The WASAC is one of 4 NGBs representing Sub Aqua in the constituent countries of the United Kingdom. The others are the British Sub Aqua Club (England), the Northern Ireland Federation of Sub-Aqua Clubs (Northern Ireland) and the Scottish Sub Aqua Club (Scotland), with the British Sub Aqua Club being the NGB for the United Kingdom; a role it has held since 1954.
Although WASAC is responsible for underwater hockey (also known as Octopush), training and management of Wales national squads is controlled by Hoci Tanddwr Cymreig Underwater Hockey Wales (HTC UHW).
- "Sporting activities and Governing Bodies recognised by the Sports Councils". UK Sport. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- "Welsh Association of Sub Aqua Clubs". Welsh Association of Sub Aqua Clubs website. Welsh Association of Sub Aqua Clubs. 2009. Archived from the original on October 9, 2006. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- Geraint, J.; Campbell, K (1996). Handbook of sports and recreational building design. 3. Sports Council, Technical Unit for Sport. Architectural Press. p. 191. ISBN 0-7506-2256-3. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- "HTC UHW". Hoci Tanddwr Cymreig Underwater Hockey Wales website. Hoci Tanddwr Cymreig Underwater Hockey Wales. 2008. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
- "Guidelines for sub aqua and snorkelling in European marine sites". UK Marine SACs Project website. UK Marine SACs Project. 2001. Retrieved 2009-07-20.
|This article about sports in Wales is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in Wales is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This diving-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|