|May 2021 +/-|
|London 170 (online)||May 9, 2021|
|BLT @ MoMA (online)||May 22, 2021|
|BLT (online)||May 23, 2021|
|South Africa 8 (online)||May 29, 2021|
|June 2021 +/-|
|Full Meetup Calendar • Events calendar on Meta|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
LONDON WIKIPEDIA MEETUP NUMBER 28
Date and time: Sunday 13th December — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak pub, Holborn WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it in October. Note that people of all ages are welcome! Please also invite any London Wikipedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 23:24, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- Ironholds (talk) 20:53, 12 November 2009 (UTC) will be turning up with his partner, and hopefully Skinny and Shimgray as well. Apologies to all those who have liked the quiet months without my useless banter. Ironholds (talk) 20:53, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
- I hope to be there. GedUK
- should be.©Geni 23:26, 27 November 2009 (UTC)
- If I get get up in time. ;-D KTC (talk) 21:03, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
Guess I'll try again --Redrose64 (talk) 21:11, 12 December 2009 (UTC)
- I should make it.Harrypotter (talk)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them forward below.
I would like to discuss Irony:
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikipedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Eat Sunday lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is Sunday lunch)
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikipedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're on the large tables immediately opposite as one enters the pub.
Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station (Piccadilly line and Central Line) and Chancery Lane tube station (Central Line). Farringdon tube station (Metropolitan Line, Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line) is not too far (0.5 miles), nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
Several bus routes also go direct to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Bendy bus 25 as well as the 8 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.