|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
|May 2021 +/-|
|London 170 (online)||May 9, 2021|
|BLT @ MoMA (online)||May 22, 2021|
|BLT (online)||May 23, 2021|
|South Africa 8 (online)||May 29, 2021|
|San Diego 65 (online) & 66||May 30, 2021|
|June 2021 +/-|
|Full Meetup Calendar • Events calendar on Meta|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
The third London Wikimeet took place on Saturday the 26th of March 2005 from 14:00 GMT at a pub called "The Cock" just to the North of Oxford Circus and East of Broadcasting House in central London. The main topic of discussion was creating a UK chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation.
Obviously, if you're not listed, or mis-listed, please correct.
in order of sitting around the tables and writing their name in James F.'s notebook (which bears no resemblance to actual arrival time)
- David Gerard
- Arkady Rose
- Nile Hef
- James F.
Didn't make it
The below expressed interest, but didn't manage to make it.
- Charles Matthews
- Oldak Quill
- San de Berg
- Harel, a guest from Hebrew wikipedia
Couldn't make it
The below sent their regrets.
- Jimbo (too expensive to stop off on his journey home this time round)
- Theresa Knott
- Xed - I would only go to meet the luverly Theresa. XED.talk 13:03, 25 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- Noisy - Family event, I'm afraid.
- Rje (work commitments)
- User:Solipsist I was hoping to be able to make it, but I've got various things coming up next weekend and a trip down to London isn't part of the picture at the moment. -- Solipsist 00:29, 19 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- G-Man - Sorry cant afford the train tickets, I'm skint at the moment. Maybe next time (hopefully outside London). Good luck to you all.
- max rspct - Sorry .. I've bailed out..not coming. I have missed 2 coaches already. - max rspct 13:15, 26 Mar 2005 (UTC) (ran after and missed coaches- then too late...)
- JFW | T@lk - next time please a Sunday evening.
Discussion was wide-ranging, and took in (non-comprehensive listing)
- The nature of the Arbitration Committee w.r.t. the community
- What's wrong with Commons
- ... and what to do about it
- Coding suggestions
- ... and admonishmonts for not getting on with coding something but just whining about it
- Wonderous praise of devs
- What the nature of "counties" entails, exactly (in traditional, ceremonial, postal, administrative and imaginary forms), including interactive multi-editor diagrams
- Whether countries that take the definite article should have their article on Wikipedia be named as such
- Call to arms for Wikinews
- Anticipation of various features
- Magnus' sifter code, and how it will help with 1.0
- The sustainability of open editing as the ratio of idiots to enlightened users forever increases
- Ponderances on the ratio of British English- to American English-writing editors, why is has fallen of late, and whether it is likely to fall further or reverse
- Licensing laws in the United Kingdom. Not that we have an article on that. Indeed, discussion included that we do not have an article.
- That Wikimedia.eu is worthwhile registering for, when registering opens (for institutions with trademarks) in a few months' time.
- The need for an additional text entry field in the use of the sysop 'rollback' function for clarity of reasoning
- Setting up Wikimedia UK