The 25th New York City Meetup event was held on Saturday February 19 at 6:30 PM with wiki-dinner at The Red Egg in Lower Manhattan, and participation at the Students for Free Culture Conference 2011 and party also held on that day and evening.
What, Where, When, and How?
Pre-meetup Free Culture Conference
- Students for Free Culture Conference 2011 at Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at NYU, 251 Mercer St. From 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
After this, we'll walk or take the short subway hop to the wiki-dinner.
Main Meetup and Wiki-Dinner
(social, munch and chat on Wikipedia issues and meta:Wikimedia NYC chapter stuff):
- The Red Egg, 202 Centre St. From 6:30 PM - 8:00PM
After this, we'll walk to the nearby Free Culture party.
Post-meetup Free Culture Party
- New Work City, 412 Broadway. 8:00 PM onwards.
These Free Culture folks throw an awesome party. Music is sure to be Creative Commons licensed!
Late arrival info and Transportation
If you plan on arriving late, and are concerned about not finding your way to the group, you can drop your mobile phone number ahead of time at Special:Emailuser/Pharos (e-mail will not be able to be checked during the actual meetup time; leave requests ahead of time).
Nearby subway stations:
- Canal Street (New York City Subway) (for Wiki-Dinner and Free Culture Party)
- Eighth Street – New York University (BMT Broadway Line) (for Free Culture Conference at NYU)
- Well, I'm coming on Saturday!--Pharos (talk) 21:14, 15 February 2011 (UTC)
- Jim.henderson (talk) 11:00, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
- Liz Pullen (nwjerseyliz)
- - T. Canens (talk) 01:49, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
- I've got a show at 8 PM nearby, so I might make it for a little while. We'll see. — HelloAnnyong (say whaaat?!) 03:50, 16 February 2011 (UTC)
Depends on how much recovery I accomplish by then after this week. A fluffernutter is a sandwich! (talk) 03:54, 16 February 2011 (UTC)Sorry, cannot gather the energy and money after the week I've had. A fluffernutter is a sandwich! (talk) 17:01, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
- -Wow! Short notice! I have to work in the morning, and then there's a free comic book convention at the Hotel Pennsylvania. I don't have the budget to eat out right now.--Scottandrewhutchins (talk) 19:28, 16 February 2011 (UTC)