past year's "upload party"
|When and Where|
|Date||Sunday, October 14, 2018|
|Time||2:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Address:||Room 50, 4th floor|
Tisch School of the Arts
New York University
(Waverly and Washington Place)
New York, NY 10003
The Open House New York event is the concluding "upload party" to the Wikipedia @ Open House New York Weekend photo scavenger hunt, and an accompanying Wikimedia Commons tutorial and multimedia hackathon, to be held Sunday, October 14, 2018, 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm at NYU ITP in Tisch School of the Arts, 721 Broadway.
Learn how to work with your photos to illustrate New York City articles!
Note that this is part of the larger Open House New York Weekend activities on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, when sites normally closed to the public are open for public visits and photography.
If you can, bring your camera/photos to the event, and a laptop if you'd like to engage in adding photos to articles. But this is not necessary.
- Date: Sunday, October 14, 2018
- Time: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Room: 4th floor, Room 50
- Location: NYU Interactive Telecommunications Program
- Location: Tisch School of the Arts. New York University. 721 Broadway (between Waverly and Washington Place), 4th Floor, New York, NY 10003
- Access information: There is an elevator – go to the 4th floor
- Bus: M1, M2, M3, M5, M8, M14A, M14D, X1, X7, X9, X10, X12, X17, X27, X28
- Parking: Two commercial garages, one block north at 445 Broadway.
Agenda for the day
The event will take the form of a modified unconference, with sessions for photographers/creatives, editors/writers and hackers/software folks!
|2:00–3:00||Wikipedia Session||Intro to Photographers|
|3:00–4:00||Commons Session||Intro to Photographers|
|4:00–5:00||Wikidata Session||Intro to Photographers|
|5:00–6:00||Wildcard Session||Intro to Photographers|
- Submit photo online at Campaign:OHNY2018 by 11:59 pm on Sunday, October 21, 2018
- Note: A Wikimedia Commons account is required to submit photos
- Include email to be contacted if you are selected as a category winner
- Photo submissions should:
- • Be taken during OHNY Weekend, October 12-14, 2018 at a participating OHNY Weekend site or tour
- • Be properly labeled in the “description” field with the name of the site or tour in which the photo was taken. Photo descriptions that do not name the site will not be eligible
- • Highlight architecture and design excellence, and not your fellow explorers including OHNY participants, volunteers, and guides.
- • Entrants must be 18 years or older
- • The entrant guarantees that (s)he is the copyright holder of the work
- • In keeping with the guidelines of Wikimedia Commons, photos will be considered to be freely licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license, permitting free use for any purpose and the creation of derivative works.
- By submitting a photo for the Wikimedia @ OHNY Weekend Photo Competition, you agree to all of the above rules and conditions.
- 2018 Wikipedia @ OHNY Weekend Photo Competition rules
- Upload to Wikimedia Commons for Photo Competition
- Meetup.com event
- OHNY Weekend
See also Meetup.com event and subscribe
- Jim.henderson (talk) 22:56, 6 October 2018 (UTC)
- Will certainly be out and about during OHNY. Planning to come by in the second half. — Rhododendrites talk \\ 18:24, 12 October 2018 (UTC)