Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/October 6
This is a list of selected October 6 anniversaries that appears on the "On this day" section of the Main Page. To suggest a new item, in most cases you can be bold and edit this page. Please read the selected anniversaries guidelines before making your edit. However, if your addition might be controversial, or on a day that is or soon will be on the Main Page, please post your suggestion on the talk page instead.
Please note that the events listed on the Main Page are chosen based more on relative article quality and to maintain a mix of topics, not based solely on how important or significant their subjects are. Only 5–6 events are posted at a time and thus not everything that is "most important and significant" can be listed. In addition, an event is not generally posted this year if it is also the subject of the scheduled October 6, 2018 featured article or the October 6, 2018 featured picture.
To report an error when this appears on the Main Page, see Main Page errors. Please remember that this list defers to the supporting articles, so it is best to achieve consensus and make any necessary changes there first.
- 69 BC – Third Mithridatic War: Forces of the Roman Republic captured the Armenian capital city Tigranakert.
- 1777 – American Revolutionary War: British forces under General Sir Henry Clinton captured Fort Clinton and Fort Montgomery, and then dismantled the Hudson River Chain.
- 1973 – Egyptian forces crossed the Suez Canal (pictured) and attacked the fortified Israeli Bar Lev Line, starting the Yom Kippur War.
- 1985 – Police constable Keith Blakelock was killed during rioting in the Broadwater Farm housing estate in Tottenham, London.
- 2000 – Denouncing corruption in the administration of Argentine President Fernando de la Rúa and in the Senate, Vice President Carlos Álvarez resigned.