|Full name||William Alexander Trapp|
|Date of birth||January 15, 1993|
|Place of birth||Gahanna, Ohio, United States|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|2011||United States U18||2||(0)|
|2012–2013||United States U20||18||(1)|
|2015–||United States U23||4||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of October 1, 2015.
William Alexander "Wil" Trapp (born January 15, 1993) is an American professional soccer player who plays as a midfielder for Columbus Crew SC in Major League Soccer and the United States national team.
Born in Gahanna, Ohio, Trapp is a product of Columbus Crew SC and a former varsity player at Lincoln High School where he led them to the Division 1 State Championship in 2009, he earned the 2010 NSCAA National High School Player of the Year award. For college, Trapp went to the University of Akron where he started in 45 games for the team from 2011 to 2012.
During his youth career Trapp was awarded with many accolades. With the Crew Academy side, Trapp won the Crew Soccer Academy Player of the Year twice in 2009 and again in 2010. He was also given the honor of captaining the Crew U16 and U18 sides. While with Akron, Trapp won two All-MAC First Team honors in 2011 and 2012 and Third Team NSCAA All-American honors in 2012. He also helped the Crew Academy win the 2012 U-19 NYSA National Championship, the team's third in four years.
On December 13, 2012 it was announced that Trapp had signed a homegrown contract with the Columbus Crew SC of Major League Soccer. He then made his professional debut with the side in a league match on July 6, 2013 against the Portland Timbers at Columbus Crew Stadium in which he started and played the full 90 minutes as the Crew won the match 1–0, ending their 15-game unbeaten streak.
On September 13, 2014, Trapp scored his first professional goal, in a 2–2 draw at Houston.
On October 20, 2014, following a dominating 3–1 Columbus Crew victory over the New York Red Bulls in Red Bull Arena, Thierry Henry said Trapp “owned the show," telling reporters after the match, "Wil Trapp was outstanding today. I know [Federico] Higuain usually gets all the [credit], and their striker [Aaron Schoenfeld] will get credit because he scored two goals. But Wil Trapp was the key.” 
Trapp has participated at the U-20 level for the United States. Trapp was a part of the side that participated in the 2013 CONCACAF U-20 Championship, the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup, and the 2013 Toulon Tournament.
- As of December 20, 2014
|Club||Season||League||MLS Cup||US Open Cup||CONCACAF||Total|
|Columbus Crew SC||2013||16||0||–||0||0||–||16||0|
- U.S. Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year: 2013
- Mid-American Conference Men's Soccer Newcomer of the Year: 2011
- "Wil Trapp". Columbus Crew SC. Retrieved July 28, 2015.
- "Crew Signs Wil Trapp to Homegrown Contract". Columbus Crew SC. Retrieved July 28, 2015.
- "Columbus Crew 1, Portland Timbers 0 | MLS Match Recap". Major League Soccer. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- Merz, Craig. "Columbus Crew midfielder Wil Trapp looking to turn strong U-20 World Cup showing into MLS debut". Major League Soccer. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- Wil Trapp profile at Soccerway
- "2013 Young Male Athlete of the Year Q&A: Wil Trapp". ussoccer.com. November 27, 2013.