Worms Clan Wars
|Worms Clan Wars|
Start screen image of the game
|Platform(s)||Windows, Mac OS X, Linux|
|Release||15 August 2013|
Worms Clan Wars is an artillery turn-based tactics game developed by Team17 and is part of the Worms series. It was released on Windows on August 15, 2013, but is now also available on Mac OS X and Linux.
Similar to earlier Worms games, the single player campaign features twenty-five missions across five environments: Prehistoric, Viking, Inca, Feudal Japan and Industrial Revolution. The campaign story focuses on a character named Tara Pinkle (voiced by Katherine Parkinson), who serves as the game's narrator, as well as providing missions for the team. In addition to campaign mode, the game also features ten Worm Ops mission that features time attack modes.
Gameplay follows on the earlier games of the series, in which teams of worms take turns to use a variety of weapons and items in order to eliminate the opposing teams. The game, like Worms Revolution, has four different classes each improved with new special abilities. This is also the first Worms game to add Steam Workshop support.
Worms Clan Wars has improved online gameplay. The game allows players to create clans and chat on WormNET, the game's own lobby and chat system.
- "Worms Clan Wars". Steam.
- "Worms: Clan Wars Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved 2018-02-12.
- "Worms: Clan Wars GameRankings". GameRankings. Retrieved 2018-02-12.
- Outdated — "Worms: Clan Wars Metacritic". Metacritic. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- Outdated — "Worms: Clan Wars GameRankings". GameRankings. Retrieved 2013-08-19.