Cover of the first volume of manga as released in Japan by Houbunsha.
|Magazine||Manga Time Kirara Forward|
|Original run||July 2015 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Yoshiaki Kyōgoku|
|Written by||Jin Tanaka|
|Music by||Akiyuki Tateyama|
|Original network||AT-X, Tokyo MX. Sun TV, KBS, BS11|
|Original run||January 4, 2018 – present|
Laid-Back Camp (ゆるキャン△ Yurukyan) is a Japanese manga series by Afro, serialized in Houbunsha's seinen manga magazine Manga Time Kirara Forward since July 2015. It has been collected in six tankōbon volumes. The manga is licensed in North America by Yen Press. An anime television series adaptation by C-Station aired in Japan from January 4 to March 22, 2018; the anime was co-financed and licensed by Crunchyroll. A second season, film, and short anime have been announced.
- Nadeshiko Kagamihara (各務原 なでしこ Kagamihara Nadeshiko)
- Voiced by: Yumiri Hanamori
- An energetic girl who befriends Rin and joins the Outdoor Activities Circle. Her surname comes from Kakamigahara, Gifu.
- Rin Shima (志摩 リン Shima Rin)
- Voiced by: Nao Tōyama
- A generally quiet girl who enjoys camping by herself. Her surname comes from Shima, Mie.
- Chiaki Ōgaki (大垣 千明 Ōgaki Chiaki)
- Voiced by: Sayuri Hara
- President of the Outdoor Activities Circle. Her surname comes from Ōgaki, Gifu.
- Aoi Inuyama (犬山 あおい Inuyama Aoi)
- Voiced by: Aki Toyosaki
- Chiaki's friend and member of the Outdoor Activities Circle. Her surname comes from Inuyama, Aichi.
- Ena Saitō (斉藤 恵那 Saitō Ena)
- Voiced by: Rie Takahashi
- Rin's cheerful classmate. Her name comes from Ena, Gifu.
- Sakura Kagamihara
- Voiced by: Marina Inoue
- Nadeshiko's older sister. She loves driving.
- Rin's Grandfather (リンの祖父 Rin no Sofu)
- Voiced by: Akio Ōtsuka
- Rin's maternal grandfather. He loves outdoor camping and he is the one who influenced Rin on her camping hobby. He first appeared as the old man who camps alone who Chiaki met when she was scouting for camp site. His voice actor is also the narrator in the anime, which could mean he's the narrator himself.
- Minami Toba (鳥羽 美波 Toba Minami)
- Voiced by: Shizuka Itō
- A substitute teacher who enters Nadeshiko's high school. She became the Outdoor Activities Circle's advisor as she prefers clubs that are not busy most of the time. She drinks alcohol a lot. She is first met by Nadeshiko and Rin during their camping while she is camping with her little sister. Her surname comes from Toba, Mie.
- Ryōko Toba (鳥羽 涼子 Toba Ryōko)
- Voiced by: Sachi Kokuryu
- Toba's sister, who commonly camps with her. The Outdoor Activities Circle girls originally assume her to be a boy.
The series began serialization in Houbunsha's Manga Time Kirara Forward magazine in July 2015. Six volumes have been released so far. Yen Press has licensed the manga for a North American release, and released the first volume of the manga in English in March 2018.
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN||English release date||English ISBN|
|1||November 12, 2015||ISBN 978-4-8322-4635-5||March 27, 2018||ISBN 978-0-3165-1778-2|
|2||July 12, 2016||ISBN 978-4-8322-4719-2||June 5, 2018||ISBN 978-0-3165-1782-9|
|3||February 10, 2017||ISBN 978-4-8322-4804-5||July 24, 2018||ISBN 978-0-3165-1785-0|
|4||July 12, 2017||ISBN 978-4-8322-4851-9||November 13, 2018||ISBN 978-1-9753-5480-0|
|5||December 12, 2017||ISBN 978-4-8322-4900-4||—||—|
|6||March 12, 2018||ISBN 978-4-8322-4927-1||—||—|
A twelve-episode anime television series adaptation, directed by Yoshiaki Kyōgoku and produced by C-Station, aired from January 4  to March 22, 2018. Jin Tanaka supervised the series' scripts and Mutsumi Sasaki designed the characters. The opening theme is "Shiny Days" by Asaka, which was released as a single on January 24, 2018, while the ending theme is "Fuyubiyori" (ふゆびより) by Eri Sasaki. The series was released on three Blu-ray Disc/DVD volumes between March 28 and July 25, 2018, each containing an additional OVA episode. Crunchyroll co-financed, licensed and streamed the series. A second season is in production. A new film and a short anime titled Heya Camp are also in production.
|No.||Title[a]||Original air date|
|1||"Mount Fuji and Curry Noodles"|
"Fuji-san to Karemen" (ふじさんとカレーめん)
|January 4, 2018|
|A girl named Rin Shima comes to a campsite in Motosuko, facing opposite Mount Fuji, to spend the day camping. While setting up a campfire, Rin notices a peculiar girl sleeping by the public restroom, but thinks nothing of it. Later on in the night, Rin once again comes across the girl, Nadeshiko Kagamihara, who had gotten herself lost after just moving to a new house, and shares her curry noodles with her before they both get a clear view of Mount Fuji. After eventually managing to get her sister to pick her up, Nadeshiko leaves Rin with her phone number in the hopes of camping with her once again. A few days later, Nadeshiko begins attending her new school, which Rin also attends.|
|2||"Welcome to the Outdoor Activities Club!"|
"Yōkoso Nokuru e" (ようこそ 野クルへ)
|January 11, 2018|
|Nadeshiko pays a visit to her school's Outdoor Activities Club, consisting of two members; Aoi Inuyama and Chiaki Ohgaki. The girls attempt to put together a cheap tent only for it to break on them. They are helped out by Rin's friend Ena Saitou, who draws Nadeshiko's attention towards the fact Rin also attends her school. Later, as Rin goes on another solo camping trip, Nadeshiko, having been informed by Ena, goes over with some hotpot.|
|3||"Mount Fuji and Relaxed Hot Pot Camp"|
"Fuji-san to Mattari Onabe Kyanpu" (ふじさんとまったりお鍋キャンプ)
|January 18, 2018|
|While Nadeshiko makes gyoza hotpot for Rin, Chiaki gets a job at a liquor store to fund the club. Enjoying the meal, Rin apologizes for being cold towards Nadeshiko when she invited her to join the club and promises to camp again with her some time. After spending the night in her sister's car, Nadeshiko wakes up early to watch the sun rise over Mount Fuji.|
|4||"The Outdoor Activities Club and the Solo Camping Girl"|
"Nokuru to Soro Kyan Gāru" (野クルとソロキャンガール)
|January 25, 2018|
|While planning for their first camping trip together, the Outdoor Activities Club experiments with cost-effective ways to make their sleeping bags more effective in cold weather before ultimately deciding to buy some sleeping bags online. Meanwhile, Rin gets her motorcycle license and goes on a solo camping trip in Nagano. As the club members hike through Fuefuki, stopping at a cafe and hot springs resort along the way, they are sent a live security camera feed of Rin on the highway.|
|5||"Two Camps, Two Campers' Views"|
"Futari no Kyanpu, Futari no Keshiki" (二つのキャンプ、二人の景色)
|February 1, 2018|
|Nadeshiko's group takes a nice relaxing dip in the hot springs, almost succumbing to the urge to eat before they reach their campsite. Meanwhile, Rin arrives at the Takabotchi Highlands and is overcome by a desire to go to a hot spring too, only to discover the nearest one has closed down. Dejected, Rin decides to climb up the peak, where she is rewarded with a lovely view, before finding a spot to cook some pasta. The club finally arrive at their campsite, where Nadeshiko makes curry for everyone. While the others are asleep, Nadeshiko goes to take a picture of the city lights to send to Rin, who goes to the summit of Mt. Takabotchi to send her a similar view in return.|
|6||"Meat and Fall Colors and the Mystery Lake"|
"Oniku to Kōyō to Nazo no Mizūmi" (お肉と紅葉と謎の湖)
|February 8, 2018|
|Rin opens a package to find a mini-grill, which she dreams of using to cook various meats while talking with Ena. Nadeshiko overhears their conversation and suggests a camping trip to try the grill. The two visit a supermarket to buy meat, but are forced to settle for substitutes as their desired items were not available. While there, they meet Aoi, who is working as a cashier, and tell her of their plans. Meanwhile, Chiaki is visiting Lake Shibire when she encounters a man grilling steak in a skillet, who offers her part of it. Rin and Nadeshiko are driven by the latter's sister to the lake.|
|7||"A Night on the Lake Shore and Campers"|
"Kohan no yoru to kyanpu no hitobito" (湖畔の夜とキャンプの人々)
|February 15, 2018|
|At Lake Shibire, Rin and Nadeshiko set up their tents as the latter worries about the myth of a ghost in the lake, while Rin's mother calls the man who had offered Chiaki the steak, revealing him as Rin's grandfather. Rin struggles to ignite the coals in the mini-grill, so Nadeshiko visits a nearby camp for advice. She meets a pair of siblings, one of whom is drunk; the other offers input and new coal for use. After cooking the meat, the two head back to the siblings' campground to give them plates of food as thanks, receiving jambalaya in return. That evening, Rin leaves her tent and encounters a silhouette of a beastly creature, prompting her to run off. As it turns out, the still-inebriated sister had stumbled upon their campsite.|
|8||"Exams, Caribou, Steamed Buns, Yum!"|
"Tesuto, karību, manjū umai" (テスト、カリブー、まんじゅううまい)
|February 22, 2018|
|Chiaki shows off a wooden bowl and skillet set to Aoi, which she learns must have the lacquer finish removed in order to place hot food inside and be seasoned, respectively. As they work on this, Ena visits and the three talk about their new substitute teacher and camping after exams. Nadeshiko, Chiaki, and Aoi later visit an outdoor sporting goods store in Minobu, Yamanashi, where Nadeshiko declares her intention to get a job to buy a gas lantern.|
|9||"A Night of Navigator Nadeshiko and Hot Spring Steam"|
"Nadeshiko Nabi to yu kemu Ri no yoru" (なでしこナビと湯けむリの夜)
|March 1, 2018|
|Nadeshiko plans to go camping with Rin, but catches a cold the night before and has to stay at home. As such, Rin decides to go on her own to a campsite at Ina, and attempts to take a detour to get there, but finds out that the road is closed. After meeting some mountain climbers, she lets Nadeshiko and Chiaki decide where she goes next, and visits a temple and a hot spring before eating at a restaurant and oversleeping. Meanwhile, Chiaki visits Nadeshiko at home and cooks hōtō for her family.|
|10||"Clumsy Travelers and Camp Meetings"|
"Tabi heta-san to kyanpu kaigi" (旅下手さんとキャンプ会議)
|March 8, 2018|
|Rin oversleeps and is rushing to her campsite when she encounters a roadblock. Upon being told by Chiaki that it may have been left there and never moved, she proceeds and reaches the site, where she struggles to set up due to the windy conditions. Nadeshiko, Chiaki, and Aoi plan their Christmas camping trip and invite Rin, who initially refuses before being convinced by Ena to accept. Toba, the new teacher, is unintentionally lured into becoming the Outdoor Activities Club advisor and is invited to the Christmas camp. Upon hearing Toba mention bringing beer along, Nadeshiko realizes she was the drunk sister from the Lake Shibire trip.|
|March 15, 2018|
|Chiaki and Aoi check in at the Asagiri Plateau campsite while Toba sets up her grill and starts drinking. While the two eat at a nearby restaurant, Rin prepares her tent and Nadeshiko shows up shortly after. The four purchase firewood and return to Toba's table, where she has fallen asleep as Ena and her dog Chikuwa arrive. The campers and Chikuwa spend the afternoon playing frisbee with other kids before going their separate ways. At night, Aoi cooks sukiyaki for the group. When their stove runs out of gas, Rin leaves to buy more. She remembers Ena's comments about how fun a group camping trip would be, to which she smiles.|
|12||"Mount Fuji and the Laid-Back Camp Girls"|
"Fuji-san to yuru kyangāru" (ふじさんとゆるキャンガール)
|March 22, 2018|
|Nadeshiko tells the group what she expects them to be like in ten years when Rin returns. After bathing, the campers enjoy various movies and shows on a tablet Chiaki had brought along until they decide to call it a night. Under the stars, Rin and Nadeshiko talk about their plans for the new year before going to sleep. The next morning, the two cook breakfast and watch the Sun rise behind Mount Fuji. Rin returns to her job at a bookstore, while Nadeshiko continues pondering about getting one of her own to afford camping equipment. Ena texts her about a job opportunity delivering New Year's cards, which she accepts. In the epilogue, Nadeshiko returns to Motosuko to solo camp when she receives a message from Rin, who also happens to be doing the same. Nadeshiko proposes sending photos of their respective campsites to one another; after seeing herself in Rin's picture, she turns around and realizes they will be camping at the same location.|
|OVA1||"Room Camp episode 0"|
"Heya Kyan episode 0" (へやキャン△episode0)
|March 28, 2018|
"Hora Kyan" (ほらキャン△)
|May 23, 2018|
"Saba Kyan" (サバキャン△)
|July 25, 2018|
- All English episode titles are taken from Crunchyroll.
- まんがタイムきららフォワード 2015年 07月号 (in Japanese). Rakuten. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "Yurucamp Anime Reveals Main Cast, 1st Visual". Anime News Network. June 25, 2017. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- "Laid-Back Camp Anime Premieres on January 4". Anime News Network. December 12, 2017. Retrieved December 13, 2017.
- "Additional Cast For Cute Girls Of "Laid Back Camp" TV Anime Introduced". Crunchyroll. August 8, 2017. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- "Yurucamp Anime Adds Marina Inoue and Akio Ohtsuka to Cast". Anime News Network. December 1, 2017. Retrieved December 1, 2017.
- "ゆるキャン△" (in Japanese). Houbunsha. Retrieved 2018-05-12.
- "Cozy Up With the Official Laid-Back Camp Portable Grill". Anime News Network. January 23, 2018. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- "Laid-Back Camp, Vol. 1". Yen Press. Retrieved 2018-05-12.
- "Laid-Back Camp, Vol. 2". Yen Press. Retrieved 2018-05-12.
- "Laid-Back Camp, Vol. 3". Yen Press. Retrieved 2018-05-12.
- "Laid-Back Camp, Vol. 4". Yen Press. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- "Yurucamp Anime's Theme Song Artists, New Visual Unveiled". Anime News Network. November 24, 2017. Retrieved November 24, 2017.
- "Laid-Back Camp Anime's 1st DVD, BD Includes Extra 'Episode 0' Anime". February 17, 2018. Retrieved March 11, 2018.
- "Crunchyroll to Stream Yurucamp Anime". Anime News Network. October 9, 2017. Retrieved October 9, 2017.
- "Laid-Back Camp Anime Gets 2nd Season". October 7, 2018. Retrieved October 7, 2018.
- "Laid-Back Camp Anime Gets Film, New Short Anime". October 7, 2018. Retrieved October 7, 2018.