Zane Township, Logan County, Ohio
|Zane Township, Logan County, Ohio|
Along U.S. Route 33 and State Route 287 in Zane Township, near several Honda plants
Location of Zane Township in Ohio
Location of Zane Township in Logan County
|• Total||22.0 sq mi (57.0 km2)|
|• Land||22.0 sq mi (57.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,148 ft (350 m)|
|• Density||44.0/sq mi (17.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086497|
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Perry Township - north
- Liberty Township, Union County - northeast
- Allen Township, Union County - east
- Rush Township, Champaign County - southeast
- Wayne Township, Champaign County - southwest
- Monroe Township - west
- Jefferson Township - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Logan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- History of Logan County and Ohio: Containing a History of the State of Ohio, from Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. O.L. Baskin. 1880. p. 247.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 507. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township trustee results", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.
- Examiner Staff, The. "Township Trustees: Township fiscal officer", Bellefontaine Examiner, 2007-11-07, p. 2.