Zhangzhou Railway Station
|Location||Hongtang Village (洪塘村), Yancuo Town (颜厝镇), Longhai City, Fujian
|Operated by||Nanchang Railway Bureau
China Railway Corporation
|Line(s)||Xiashen Railway, Longxia Railway|
Zhangzhou Railway Station is the main train station of the Zhangzhou metropolitan area in China's Fujian Province. The station is located in Hongtang Village (洪塘村) of Longhai City, about 10 km south of downtown Zhangzhou. It is located on the common section of the Longxia Railway (Longyan-Xiamen; opened in mid-2012) and the Xiashen Railway (Xiamen-Shenzhen Railway; opened at the end of 2013).
Railway development plans also include the construction of a 45-km-long branch line from Zhangzhou Railway Station eastward, across most of Longhai City, to terminate at the China Merchants Group industrial area (招商局漳州开发区) on the southwestern shore of Xiamen Harbor, opposite Xiamen Island ( ). The branch will be known as the Gangwei Railway (港尾铁路), and will support trains running at speeds up to 120 km/h. Its opening is planned for 2013.
Zhangzhou Railway Station is served by high-speed (D-series) trains traveling along the coast (east, toward Xiamen, Fuzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai, and west, toward Shantou and Shenzhen), as well as inland, toward Longyan. A few "conventional" passenger trains, traveling from Xiamen to various points in the interior of the country, stop at Zhangzhou as well.
During planning and construction, the station was known as Zhangzhou South Railway Station, because the name "Zhangzhou Station" was used at the time by another station (see Zhangzhou North Railway Station below). The station was opened in mid-2012, along with the new Longxia Railway.
- Zhangzhou East Railway Station located on the older (1950s) Yingtan–Xiamen Railway, northeast of the city. It was the main train station of the Zhangzhou metropolitan area until the opening of the new Zhangzhou Station. As of 2015, it is used by only a small number of passenger trains.
- Zhangzhou North Railway Station. It is a freight-only station located in Nankeng St (南坑路) in Xiangcheng District of Zhangzhou, just north of the central city area. It was known as Zhangzhou Station until July 1, 2011, when it was renamed Zhangzhou North, so that the new station could be simply called Zhangzhou. As of October 2012, some maps (e.g., http://map.sogou.com/ ) still label Zhangzhou North Station with its old name, "Zhangzhou Station". This station used to have a very limited passenger service, which has been abolished with the opening of the Longxia Railway and the new Zhangzhou Station.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zhangzhou Railway Station.|
- Lin Jun (林君), 龙厦高铁漳州站 多样化设施满足乘客需求 Archived October 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. (Zhangzhou Station of the Longyan-Xiamen Railway: serving the needs of traveling public in a variety of ways), 2012-05-06 (in Chinese)
- 厦深港尾铁路明年通车 漳州高铁增至280多公里 Archived March 29, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. (Xiashen and Gangwei rail lines to open next year; Zhangzhou's high-speed railway lines trackage to exceed 280 km), Haixia Daobao (海峡导报), 2012-08-02,
- Zhangzhou Railway Station schedule Archived January 6, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. (in Chinese)
- 为确保龙厦铁路顺利开通 火车站今起更名漳州北站 2011-07-01
|This article about a railroad station in China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|