Rail freight transport
|Predecessor||Ministry of Railways|
|Founded||14 March 2013|
|Sheng Guangzu (General manager)|
other related services
|Revenue||CN¥916.258 billion[nb 1] (2015)|
|CN¥53.456 billion[nb 2] (2015)|
|CN¥(32.355 billion) (2015)|
|Total assets||CN¥6.245870 trillion (2015)|
|Total equity||CN¥2.150725 trillion (2015)|
|Owner||People's Republic of China (via the Ministry of Finance)|
Number of employees
|2 million approx. (2013)|
|Footnotes / references
China Railway or CR, full name China Railway Corporation (Chinese: 中国铁路总公司; pinyin: Zhōngguó Tiělù Zǒnggōngsī; literally: "China Railway General Company") is the national railway operator of the People's Republic of China, under the regulation of the Ministry of Transport and the State Railways Administration. It used to be part of the now defunct Ministry of Railways.
China Railway operates rail commuter and freight transport via several smaller companies. China Railway previously had its own police force and court system, which was unique among the world's railways.
Bureaux and companies
There are 16 bureaux and 5 companies under China Railway. As of 2008, approximately 2 million people work in China Railway.
|Business||Bureau or Company||Provinces of operation||Regions of operation|
|Passenger||Harbin Railway Bureau||Northeastern Inner Mongolia(Hulunbuir and part of Xingan League), Heilongjiang||Northeast China|
|Shenyang Railway Bureau||Liaoning, Jilin, Southeastern Inner Mongolia(Chifeng, Tongliao and part of Xingan League),
southern Heilongjiang, northeastern Hebei
|Beijing Railway Bureau||Beijing, Hebei, Tianjin, western Shandong,
northern Henan, eastern Shanxi
|Hohhot Railway Bureau||Inner Mongolia|
|Taiyuan Railway Bureau||Shanxi|
|Jinan Railway Bureau||Shandong|
|Shanghai Railway Bureau||Shanghai, Jiangsu, Anhui, Zhejiang||East China|
|Nanchang Railway Bureau||Jiangxi, Fujian, parts of Hubei and Hunan||Southeast China|
|Guangzhou Railway Group Co., Ltd.||Guangdong, Hunan, Hainan||South China|
|Nanning Railway Bureau||Guangxi, western Guangdong|
|Wuhan Railway Bureau||Hubei, southern Henan||Central China|
|Zhengzhou Railway Bureau||Henan, Shanxi|
|Chengdu Railway Bureau||Sichuan, Chongqing, Guizhou, parts of Yunnan and Hubei||Southwest China|
|Kunming Railway Bureau||Yunnan, parts of Sichuan and Guizhou|
|Qinghai-Tibet Railway Group Co., Ltd.||Tibet|
|Lanzhou Railway Bureau||Gansu, Ningxia, parts of Inner Mongolia|
|Ürümqi Railway Bureau||Xinjiang, parts of Gansu|
|Xi'an Railway Bureau||Shaanxi,northeast Sichuan|
|Freight||China Railway Special Cargo Service Co., Ltd.
|China Railway Express Co., Ltd.
|China Railway Container Transport Co., Ltd.
- Including revenue from "Railway Construction Fund"
- EBIT, including revenue from "Railway Construction Fund" but excluding contribution to "Water Conservancy Construction Fund"
- Rail transport in China
- China Railway High-speed
- Passenger rail transport in China
- High-speed rail in China
- Beijing–Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong High-Speed Railway
- Guangzhou–Shenzhen Railway
- Kowloon–Canton Railway (now MTR)
- Beijing–Shanghai High-Speed Railway
- Jingjiu railway
- "中国铁路总公司2015年年度报告" [China Railway Corporation 2015 Annual Report] (in Chinese). archive of Shangjai Clearing House. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "China Railways carry 453 mn passengers Jan-March". Indo Asian News Service. April 8, 2012. Retrieved July 5, 2012.
- "中国铁路标志的设计者——陈玉昶 60年前的标志还是这么简洁、漂亮！_刘逸设计_新浪博客". Blog.sina.com.cn. 2013-03-13. Retrieved 2015-07-31.
- "Rologo 标志共和国 | 专注于Logo的网站_Logo设计_Logo欣赏 » 中国铁路标志的设计者——陈玉昶". Rologo.com. Retrieved 2015-07-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rail transport in China.|
|This People's Republic of China rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|